Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 15 February 2024

Weigh Day!

Thursday 15th February 2024


I survived Valentines day, we had a lovely meal but I skipped the Bao Bun starters, tried one, not for me although Aryn loves them!  The boys took care of the desserts for me so no calories consumed there, and the main, well we had the gammon shanks and asparagus & prosciutto wrapped chicken breasts with chunky chips, Aryn had curly fries with his.


 the boys said the desserts were amazing! 

I even left some of the meal, I didn't like the 'smoky' gammon shanks, a shame because the meat would've been amazing if it wasn't smoky, I only had 1/3rd of the chips but left some of them too, wasn't for me, if I'm not loving something, I'm leaving it, the chicken was delicious, I'd want that again, especially as it was only 243 calories per breast, we split the two between the three of us.  

This was my breakfast and lunch, banana on toast for breakfast and leftover chicken with dijon mustard on a crust with cherry plum tomatoes for lunch, I really enjoyed both as simple as they were.  
  

We went to the gym and I did 11km on the R bike, took me 35 minutes, then we went for a walk round Northycote farm, it was crazy muddy and I had pumps on so not the best idea, but I managed a mile, took me 24 minutes because of all the slip, sliding about but enjoyed it and it hurt but wasn't crying with pain so that's progress! 

What I have noticed when comparing days is there's not a massive difference when I walk or go to the gym on how many calories I burn, proof that exercise alone will not get you thin!  An extra 1000 steps yesterday from Tuesday was only 3 calories more, despite the exercise at the gym and the walk, I only went to work Tuesday, no exercise at all and Monday as you can see from the steps, I mostly sat on my ass, but I did do half hour at the gym.  Oh and the 28 minutes active Monday compared to 8 minutes yesterday as doing exactly the same exercise on the same bike, so I was obviously fitter yesterday and my heart rate didn't rise as high although I felt I put more effort in so who knows! 

        


It's all interesting, so let's see what the scales say this morning, Fitbit says I burned 15,472 calories, Nutracheck says I consumed 10,860 so I should get at least a pound off! 

I got in trouble on Facebook yesterday for posting a video someone had sent me, it was of a man trying to breathe fire by lighting something flammable in his mouth as he spat it out but it went wrong and he ended up trying to put out his face in the grass!  The rason I posted it was because my dumb ass brother has been known to do the same on occassion, tankfully without any bad outcome so I wanted him to see how it could go wrong!  Anyway they've 'restricted' me for 24 hours, it says until 15th but I don't know if that's midnight tonight, I can't use groups, so might not be able to post in our Huddle group this morning!

Anyway, lesson learned, don't share certain stuff on Facebook!

Here's to hoping the scales are kind this morning, I've got a food delivery coming this afternoon, all my wages go on food these days, I only stocked up on Tuesday with fruit and the baskets almost empty again which is good that he's eating it but not good cos I'll have to refill it and I've not even got that coming later.

Let's get this day started, have a great one, if you are struggling, just keep going, start with tracking, it's working for me, starting day 46 of 100% tracking and it's working isn't it, 10lb gone in 2024 so far, hope to up that today.  Feeling lots better in myself, although I had a lot of broken sleep last night, hot flushes reared their ugly head!  I'm gonna stick with focusing on the positive.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me 



No comments: