Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 8 February 2024

Gotta love a nacho!

Thursday 8th February 2024


It's weigh day - eek!  I'll be happy with 1/2lb this week because I really didn't expect to lose 5lb last week, I suppose even if I maintain, it's still a great result overall, looking at the bigger picture! 

Just done my physio, I'm so unfit!  Hopefully that will change over the next few weeks, I'll start to find them easier to do, holding myself up on my wrists - OUCH!  

Back to yesterday, a lovely huddle on the morning, then back home for a cheese and onion sandwich, I just fancied it, 550 calories though, they're not low in calories that's for sure!

Then I ignored the kitchen for an hour whilst I did my jigsaw and watched an episode of Suits, starting to work my way through them as I've never watched before.  

  

We went to the gym, I did 25 minutes on the Recumbent Bike, that was my lot, I was happy with that.  Aryn's got a snotty cold so not much of an appetite and tbh I wasn't in the cooking mood so we had the side that I'd ordered from HelloFresh and it was amazing, I had mine with butternut squash chips.  Again another meal you can cook and tweak without having a box, but again if you want something for nothing, 65% of first box and 25% for 10 weeks use this link.   The recipe is at the bottom of the blog and you could tweak ingredients to make it tasty.  It was a very filling meal, we did split it in two so it was quite high in calories my portion with tweaks was 900 calories! 


I survived another week!  Eaten less calories than I've burned comparing Fitbit to Nutracheck, so fingers crossed!

Busy day today and hoping we don't get snow at all, I can't see it myself it's too wet!  Looking forward to the huddles, let's have a great day and make good food choices, I need some fruit today as I didn't really have much in the way of my 5 a day yesterday!  I've been doing well though up to now and drinking plenty of water, no alcohol so I will take the tweak to focus on the five a day this week.   It's already improved in comparison to December!

  


Have a great day,

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


Cheddar Cheeseburger loaded Nachos

6 small Plain Taco Tortillas 

120 grams Beef Mince

120 grams Mature Cheddar Cheese 

40 grams Onion Marmalade

90 grams Burger sauce (we felt this was way too much and used half, we’d probably do it without all together next time and have a bit on the side for dipping)

30g Crispy Onions 

 

Make the Nachos

a) Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.

b) Cut each tortilla into 8 triangles (use scissors if easier). Place on a large baking tray in a single layer and drizzle with oil. TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.

c) Bake on the top shelf of the oven until lightly golden brown and crisp, 5-7 mins. TIP: Keep an eye on them to make sure they colour evenly.

 

Bring on the Mince

a) Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on medium-high heat (no oil).

b) Once hot, add the beef mince. Fry until the mince has browned and is crispy, 7-8 mins. Use a spoon to break it up as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince. It's cooked when no longer pink in the middle.

c) While the beef fries, grate the Cheddar cheese.

d) When the mince has browned and is crispy, drain and discard any excess fat. Season with salt and pepper.

 

Load and Serve

a) Scatter half of the baked nachos over an ovenproof serving platter (or ovenproof dish). Then layer half the Cheddar, half the crispy beef mince, half the onion marmalade and half the burger sauce over the nachos.

b) Repeat again with the remaining nachos, Cheddar, crispy beef mince and onion marmalade, saving the remaining burger sauce for the next step. Pop back in the oven until the cheese has melted, 2-3 mins.

c) Once baked, drizzle over the remaining burger sauce and sprinkle over the crispy onions to finish.

Enjoy!

 



No comments: