Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 6 February 2024

So glad I went for Physio...

Tuesday 6th February 2024


Well yesterday I decided to oil my kitchen worktops as there was no one else in the house but me, I expected them to be dry for me to cook dinner at teatime but they weren't!  They're actually still a little tacky now so we had chippy for tea, which means I still have 4 HelloFresh meals to cook this week!

It's done now though and that's a good thing, it could do with another coat but I need to time it better, maybe Wednesday after we've eaten our dinner I could do it and then it would have 24 hours to dry out before our next dinner?  We'll see, or maybe I'll leave it to next week when I can cook something simpler using the microwave or maybe I do it in two parts so I have a worktop to use - hey ho, it'll get done.

In other news I went for physio and she was great, much more in-depth and detailed than what I had with the NHS last year but in their defence they didn't have my diagnosis to work with because I hadn't had my MRI scan then.  Anyway she's given me some exercises to do twice a day, 5 days a week and I've just done them and they've took almost an hour, I think one I get used to what I'm doing it'll be 45 minutes but looks like I'll be getting up earlier in the morning, thankfully I woke at 5, so I had plenty of time.  I feel better about it all after talking to her, she's given me hope.

Aryn and I went to the gym too where I managed 20 mins on the recumbent bike and those exercises, we then went and fed the duck at Essington pool which was lovely, watching him laugh at the ducks fighting :) 

I had beans on toast for breakfast and this for dinner, 

 

We shared the chips and still only ate half of them!  The kebab had a soft pitta on which I didn't like so left, I wanted a hard pitta bread!  We tried out the new chippy at the top shops by us, other than the soft pitta it was okay, I wouldn't rush back for a kebab though thankfully.

Finished within my daily calorie total though :) plus doing that activity I used more as well, managed 39 active minutes, burning 2343 calories in total and eating 1567, of course that's a guestimate because of the chippy, I didn't weigh anything, put it as a medium 10oz portion of chips. 

My meat free Monday was an epic fail wasn't it!  Hey ho, I'll try to eat more meat free meals this week, two of the HelloFresh are veggie I think so there's two, I've got the other half of those beans to eat, although they did give me a little indigestion.  I've fancied cheese on toast for a good week or so now too, that could maybe be a brunch one of the days, if I have breakfast, I rarely feel like lunch and dinner, but on the days I do, there's the option. 

Looking forward to talking snacking this week in huddles, it's not something I really do but wine was my version of snacking, still no wine, that's two weeks today I think since I had my last proper glass and I've honestly not missed it, it had turned into a bad habit to the point that I didn't wanna make plans to do anything in the evening cos I'd want a glass of wine and then I couldn't drink!  That's sad because I really enjoyed what we did when he got back from school yesterday, plus I wasn't too tired when we got home.  I did go to bed early still but I get up early I've still only had 7hrs 34m once you take out the time I wake up in the night.

Busy day today though, might fit in the gym after lunch huddle, I'll still be back in time to cook dinner early, it's my go at my own pace session, as Aryn had his plan and then he finished before me and I felt like I should be done and I wasn't, I finished my workout though, made him wait, I'm important too - we need to remember that don't we. 

Let's have a great day, we've got this!  1% better than yesterday.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x
 


No comments: