Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 4 February 2024

Take care of you!

Sunday 4th February 2024


I've had me a lie in, it meant getting up for the loo and going back to bed and lying there until my body said okay we'll go back to sleep but I made half seven so I've had 8hrs 16mins sleep, I went to bed at just before 10 but I was awake through the night for 1h 10m which seems to be my norm and again according to Fitbit the typical range for women of my age is to be awake 12-14% of the time they're in bed, and my is 12% so I'll take that considering I have to rearrange myself every time I wake to try and get in the position of least pain.

Food wise yesterday we went over the cafe across the road for a late breakfast when I got back from our lovely huddle, I had scrambled egg on toast and he had a breakfast muffin which was so good he had another to bring home!   I also ordered a hot water and she didn't even blink at that, plus she asked me if I wanted butter on my toast which I was really impressed with because people just don't ask anymore! 

Then later after we'd been for a short walk over the canal to feed the ducks, it started raining and I was in pain anyway so happy to go home, I cooked us pizza, having 1/4 of each myself with salad, it was delicious.

   


Then a couple of hours later we had our dessert, apple pie, I had mine with custard, himself had ice cream and Aryn had is on it's own.  I really enjoyed the apple and the custard but I'd have happily left the pastry out, I did leave a little in the bowl.  You can buy apple in a can that tastes like that, I'd enjoy that with the custard.  I had a lot of custard, half the carton which would've easily served the three of us.

 

Even with that, a couple of slices of pepperoni and a slice of ham  and a clementine I was still 295 calories below my allowance, ending on 1482 calories, I burned 2,188 and enjoyed everything I ate.  

Long may this feeling continue!  Going back to the image at the top of the blog, here it is again,


I really need to remember this, I didn't think twice about himself going to pay to have his ear looked at, so I've booked me a private physiotherapy session for tomorrow, I'm not waiting to go through the NHS again, I want to get myself sorted asap, I got a 20% discount because of being a Nuffield member, I'll forever be grateful to their pain management course getting me a discount on that membership.  I'm hoping she'll be able to guide me now I have my diagnosis so I can take care of me going forward and do everything in my power to ease my pain.  I know I keep writing it, but it's helping to remind me why I'm doing all this.

What do you need to do for you?  Is it something you wouldn't think twice about doing for someone else? 

And just to encourage you to make sure you do take care of you, this is what happened when Carol started to do it, she's now lost 23lb since she retired from helping us because it was too much for her now, she still comes on a Saturday but she's got time to take care of her and it's really paying off. 



I've no clue what we're having for dinner today, there's salmon in the fridge but I'm not sure they'll want that again as we had it on Wednesday!  Too late to defrost a joint but I could defrost some steak, I think I have some of that.  I'll go and have a mooch in the freezer, maybe do an inventory of what we have.  It's Sunday, I suppose I should've had a plan, but that's not how this  house works! 

Cats are back to normal thankfully, Coco just took a swipe at me, so another scratch on my hand - deep sigh, stroppy cat. 

Here's to a chilled out Sunday, forecast is windy but dry although, it has rained, so I'll give Aryn the choice of a walk or an hour at the gym, we plan to gym it Monday, Wednesday and Friday as our set days to start, I'd love it to become an enjoyable part of our routine.

Have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx 



No comments: