A friend is one of the nicest things you can have & one of the best things you can be.
The house at Pooh Corner
There are lots more too, I might listen to Beatrix Potter as I've never read the book, if you've got kids it could be part of their learning too but enjoyable! https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
Well this is going to be a strange weekend for a lot of you in lockdown, it doesn't feel much different for me if I'm honest, since mom got real sick, I've not been able to go anywhere, so much for my one outing a month to keep me sane, lol at least I got that meal out in February and we'll get the money back at some point from our Theatre tickets.
I am really looking forward to our Virtual Workshop this morning, it was buzzing last week, 9.45am, links in the Wolverhampton Group on the WW app, if you're not already following me, my username is BLONGSDEN.
Well I watched Wayne's World for the first time yesterday, I also finally got to see Rocket Man, wouldn't choose to watch either again, I did laugh a little at Wayne's World but Rocket Man wasn't what I expected at all!
I did relax though, still on my phone a lot but it's keeping me engaged with my member and my friends so that's my excuse there.
Food was the first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning but surprisingly it was just a thought that I need to eat some vegetables today and a proper meal. I had some melon yesterday, it was still good, two weeks after the use by date! I'll have the other half this morning, finished off the fresh yogurt, but then the rest of the day I just picked at cooked meats and had those ribs on their own. This is not a healthy diet! Today I'm going to have fish of some sort from the freezer, I know I have a red pepper left, there is some cauliflower rice in the fridge if it's still okay to eat I'll have that, if not I'll maybe have some pasta. I will make a decent meal though, I was shattered and ready for bed by 8 last night, mom wasn't impressed I wanted to go up but I'm waking at 4am so it's about right to be tired by then.
My routines shot isn't it, I'm not having to leave the house at 7.30 to go to work, after loading my car with all my stock. I'm just having to be good to go for 8.15 in front of a computer screen, heck its a 9.45 start this morning so I'll in no rush at all, as long as I'm sorted for 9.15, it's all good. I'm so glad we're talking routines on the virtual's, it's really helped as a reminder to get some kind of routine sorted even if it's different to what we had before. I'm going to take my besties advice and think about my 'beauty' routine, the importance of looking after ourselves isn't just about what we eat, it's about grooming! I'd normally have a massage each week so instead I think I'll have an indulgent bubble bath and use body oils to keep my skin soft. If you've got used to sitting around in your scruffs and you can't remember the last time you washed your hair or put your make up on, my bestie V recommends these things,
💕Beauty with V 💕
Every day I want you to choose 1 or more of the below and let me know what you have chosen to do. 💙Boys join in too💙
If you need any help, give me a shout 😁
If you need any help, give me a shout 😁
1. Do your hair. Brush it, wash it, style it 👩🦱
2. Put your make up on. (If you dont wear make up put a slick of lip salve on your lips & run your toothbrush through your eyebrows - trust me 😉)
3. File & paint your finger nails. (Toes too? Maybe tomorrow 🙂)
4. Put hand cream on. (I know my hands are feeling dry after all of the anti bac gel)
5. Check your feet - especially if you are diabetic. On a serious note we have mentioned in our virtual workshops about enjoying some daily exercise. Your feet will develop hard skin as a form of protection which can feel uncomfortable - file them. Look for any changes such as corns, veruccas, ingrown toenail.
6. Put cream on your feet. (Even if you only have some hand cream! Then pop on some fluffy socks) 🥰
7. Exfoliate your body once a week. This will remove dead skin cells revealing new soft skin. Do this in the bath or shower. Theres no right way to apply, just rub it on & rinse 🛁 Did you have a set at Christmas you have been meaning to use?
8. Moisturise your body. Perfect after exfoliating to nourish the skin.
9. Cleanse the skin morning & evening💦 This isnt just to remove make up. It removes dirt, grease & grime your skin has produced in the day 🤢 Ditch the soap & use a cleanser. If you're a novice any brand will do. Unsure of your skin type? Go for sensitive. Soap alters the ph levels of our skin leaving it dehydrated & feeling tight which leads to premature aging 😱
10. Moisturise your face morning & evening. This keeps us hydrated, keeps the wrinkles at bay & if you are going to apply make up, it's the perfect base!
If you have any hair or beauty questions that I haven't covered, give me a shout. Lots of love, Vicky x
She despairs of me as I'm not good at all this stuff, but I've got better, I try to remember to do the number 9 & 10 thing, she helped me with what I needed to use, even gave me instructions on how to use it lol, maybe this weekend when I have that bubble bath, I'll do number 5, 6, 7 and 8 too. I've been doing number 4 with all this hand washing. Yeah it's no good taking care of the inside contents if we don't look after what it's packaged in is it!
Follow Vicky on Connect, I think her tag is lawrencevicky (I'll check when she's awake) she's going to start using it more now we're virtual, she doesn't know it yet but she will when she reads this. I want us all to start using it more, it's a great, positive community and we're all in it together.
Right, mom's just gone downstairs, so I'm off to take her stuff down and make her a drink, give her a bit of fuss.
Stay positive, take care of you and yours, be safe. xx
Luvs ya, mwah
love me xx