Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Broke my dry spell :)

Tuesday 13th February 2024

Ooo I enjoyed a very big glass of wine last night and it tasted so good because I hadn't had a glass for a day off 3 weeks, all within my calories, I still ate well too.  

Food included a banana, eggs on toast with butter - yes the buttered toast did give me a little indigestion, but butter I use in a recipe doesn't - interesting.  The wine didn't give it me though so I think the problem is caused from over indulging in general and obviously buttered toast!

Anyway I finally got round to cooking the last meal in the HelloFresh box and it was blooming delicious, high in calories I guess but even Aryn commented on how filling it was.  Recipes at the bottom of the blog and I'd definitely do it again.  
 


We went to the gym too, I did half hour on the R Bike and just 5 minutes on the treadmill, the rest of my day was lazy, I finished my first Wasgij jigsaw and enjoyed it much more than I expected too, a jigsaw without a picture didn't seem logical to me, but it worked!  Yeah that and tv was the rest of my day, I finished The Crowded Room on Apple (mates paid for it for the month and let me log in to watch it), it was very good, a bit drawn out, Tom Holland acted the part really well.  

I had an early night as I'd been up at 3.45 on the morning and wanted to catch up on my sleep, 8hrs 34m, nice, but only burned 1962 calories, managed 28 active zones, consumed 1635 calories so it's not easy to get that calorie deficit some days! 

Tomorrows valentines day, I just mentioned it to him because he should be home tomorrow night but I said don't do the flower and chocolates malarkey, I don't need either and I don't like wasting money!

I might nip to Sainsbury's  and get a meal deal, that's good enough, he said we could go for a meal at the weekend, I wouldn't mind a day out to be honest, could do that Friday if he's not working.  I've been fancying Shrewsbury for ages and it's not too far away, so maybe.

Anyway, I need to get ready for work, busy day Tuesday, 3 huddles, a walk with Aryn and I need to nip to shops for a few bits I need to remember everything I go for when I go, cos I went the weekend and forgot stuff!

Here's to a great day, staying on track, 

mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx








Oven-Baked Margherita Inspired Risotto with Roasted Baby Plum Tomatoes and Pesto Drizzle

 

Feeds 4, 724 kcal calories

 

Oven-Baked Margherita Inspired Risotto is a delicious veggie option that makes it easy to eat more veg in your diet and try something new!

 

Ingredients

 

2 Garlic Cloves

350 grams Risotto Rice

16g Mixed Herbs

40 grams Vegetable Stock Paste

250 grams Baby Plum Tomatoes

2 balls Mozzarella

80 grams Grated Hard Italian Style Cheese

100 grams Baby Spinach

50 grams Sun-Dried Tomato Paste

64 grams Fresh Pesto (

600 milliliters Boiled Water for the Risotto

1 tbsp Honey

20 grams Butter

 

Get Started

Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).

Boil a full kettle. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).

Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, wide-bottomed ovenproof pan on medium heat. TIP: If you don't have an ovenproof pan, use a normal pan and transfer to an ovenproof dish before baking.

 

Risotto Time

Add the garlic to the pan and fry for 1 min. Add the risotto rice, stir and cook until the edges of the rice are translucent, 1-2 mins.

Stir in the boiled water for the risotto (see pantry for amount), mixed herbs, and veg stock paste. Bring back up to the boil, then pop a lid on the pan (or cover with foil). Bake on the middle shelf of your oven until the rice is cooked and the water has been absorbed, 25-30 mins.

 

Roast your Tomatoes

Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes and pop them onto a piece of foil with a drizzle of oil, then season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the honey (see pantry for amount).

Fold the foil, sealing on all sides to create a parcel. Pop the tomato parcel onto a large baking tray and roast on the bottom shelf until softened, 15-20 mins.

Drain the mozzarella and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Pat dry with kitchen paper, then tear into small pieces.

 

Bring on the Spinach

When the risotto is cooked, remove it from the oven and mix in the butter (see pantry for amount), hard Italian style cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomato paste.

Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed. TIP: Add a splash of water to loosen the risotto if needed. Change your oven setting to grill and set to the highest temperature.

 

Get Grilling

Arrange the mozzarella on top of your risotto. Grill until golden and bubbling, 5-8 mins.

 

Finish and Serve

Share your risotto between your bowls, then top with your roasted baby plum tomatoes (discard the juices) and drizzle over the pesto to finish.

Enjoy!

 


No comments: