Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 7 February 2024

Midweek already - REALLY!

Wednesday 7th February 2024


The damn worktops are still not 100% dry!  I did manage to cook dinner yesterday but only buy using the block I have on the cooker and the one worktop that pulls out that I hadn't oiled - deep sigh lol, the sink area is now dry so hopefully the rest will be by the time I'm home from work and I can have a good clear up and cook something scrumptious.

Yesterdays lunch was really good though, I only had a little rice because I wanted more of the sticky chicken stuff.  It only took 20 minutes too, an HelloFresh meal but one you could make without the box, recipe below, if you do fancy trying a box use this link, you can get 65% off your first box and 10 weeks with 25% off.  You can cancel or pause at any time too so it's worth it just for the first box.  

  

Other than that, I had fruit for breakfast and two crusts with cheese triangles on for tea because I couldn't cook without hassle and I couldn't be bothered - I did enjoy them though.

We had a short walk to feed the ducks at Essington pool, all the breads gone now, but it was lovely to see the snowdrops, soon be spring!


All round it was a good day, I was in pain but it feels like a positive pain at the minute because I feel hopeful for changes, I know it's not going to happen by the end of the week but at least I'm doing what I can! I've just done the physio this morning, takes almost an hour but worth it and so funny, the cats are totally confused by it all!  This was my view as I was doing them!


Huddles went well, talking snacks this week, seems like a popular topic!  AAnyway, I've been up since 5.30 and it's not 7.16am so I need to go get ready for work, I slept a bit better last night, only awake for 51 minutes, slept for 7hrs 38m, asleep by 9, managed almost 9k steps and 28 active minutes so I'm pleased with that. burned double the calories I ate - that's good ain't it!  I seem to have my appetite under control but I woke up a bit dehydrated this morning so need to drink more water today! 

Have a great day,

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me, try this recipe it's lovely, be good with quorn too.
 

Teriyaki Sesame Chicken  with Green Beans and Basmati Rice (serves 4, 670 calories per serving)

300 grams Basmati Rice
520 grams Diced Chicken Thigh
2 Red Onion
150 grams Green Beans
2 Garlic Cloves
300 grams Teriyaki Sauce  
1 Red Chilli (optional)
10 grams Roasted White Sesame Seeds 
4 tbsp Water for the Sauce

Cook the Rice
a) Boil a half-full kettle.  
b) Pour the boiled water into a large saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat. Add the rice and cook for 10-12 mins.
c) Once cooked, drain in a sieve and pop back in the pan. Cover with a lid and leave to the side until ready to serve.

Fry the Chicken
a) While the rice cooks, heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
b) Once hot, add the diced chicken and stir-fry until browned all over, 5-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
c) Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the red onion. Trim the green beans and cut into thirds.

Bring on the Veg
a) Once the chicken has browned, stir in the onion and green beans.
b) Stir-fry until the veg has softened, 3-4 mins.
c) While everything cooks, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
d) Once the veg has softened, add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 min.
 
Add the Sauce
a) Stir the teriyaki sauce into the pan along with the water for the sauce (see pantry for amount).
b) Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce is sticky, the beans are tender and the chicken is cooked through, 3-4 mins. IMPORTANT: The chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
c) While it simmers, halve the chilli lengthways, deseed and thinly slice.

Sesame Seed Time
a) Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper if needed.
b) Stir in the sesame seeds.
c) Add a splash of water if it needs loosening, then remove from the heat.

Serve
a) Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve with the teriyaki chicken on top.
b) Sprinkle over the chilli (add less if you'd prefer things milder) to finish for those who'd like it.
Enjoy!
 

No comments: