So what to do? If willpower isn't the answer what is? Persistence, realism, self love and patience with yourself, not forgetting "WANT" you've gotta actually want to do it, otherwise don't even start! I repeat that you've gotta actually want to lose weight, otherwise don't even start! If you feel you SHOULD lose weight for whatever reason, health usually being the time when we feel we should rather than want to, them spend some time thinking about why you maybe want to, how would it benefit you, what do you get out of it, try to change the should into could then into WANT TO!
So you've decided to start, now what? Write it down, everything you consume, all of it - not just what you eat and drink but why too, ask yourself how you're feeling, were you hungry, if not why did you just eat?
You weren't hungry? So why did you just eat?
If only we knew ay!
To name but a few reasons.
What else might help you to lose weight?
- Eating everything off a plate
- Eating up a table when possible
- Pay attention – don’t eat & do something else at the same time!
- Don't buy it or hide it. You less likely to consume what's not in view!
- Drink more fluids – water can be tough to drink when it cools down, try boiled water, wait
for it to cool a little, you may be surprised by how okay it is.
- Work on one thing at a time - you can't change everything overnight, don’t even try because you’ll end up despondent.
- Find yourself a hobby - eating shouldn't be one!
All sounds really obvious doesn't it! You've heard it all before!
Why haven't you done it then, got to your goal and stayed there?
You might have done it all before and just found yourself slipping back into old habits.
Mmm that'll be because of a little thing called life - it sometimes tends to get in the way!
So do you best, with what you have, when you can - give yourself a break when you don't do it and work on changing bad habits into good ones over time.
Find the positives - don't focus on your slip ups, focus on the good choices you've made.
Don't dwell on those slips ups, forgive yourself & focus on your next step.
Look for the good, it's okay to know about the bad things but only look for the good, it makes for a better life.