Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 1 July 2016

late one today...



1st July 2016
Life is short, kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.  Paulo Coelho

Half way through the year, now that has gone quickly, I think I'm over the worse of this lurgy so hopefully on the mend now, then the sun can come out in July and we can have the next two months of a fantastic summer please, that would be so good. 

I had a truly proud leader moment last night, one of my BeYOUtiful members went to her prom, truly stunning, she joined earlier this year to lose a stone to fit into her dress and she did and I haven't just watched her lose weight, in a short space of time I've watched her turn into a confident young lady.  I know she'll have had the best night.

Today is all about paperwork and resting until my meeting tonight, when your body says 'time out' you have to give it that time out, so it will be another weekend of not doing a great deal.

My workload should lighten after this week too, since we've gone automated, we've been having to do the paperwork alongside it to make sure it's all running smoothly and that finishes this week hopefully.  I should get a good few hours a few back!  I've already allocated it to something else, wait for it.....

I've bought myself a cross-trainer!  It was in the sale too so I got it at 1/4 of its original price so chuffed.  I realised the one thing I'm not doing that I have always done, is being active, I used to always be up a mountain, in a gym, or walking somewhere, but I'm not these days.  I work so much that when I don't I like to spend my time with mom, not leave her even longer on her own.  I thought if I have a cross trainer in my bedroom, I can do half hour each afternoon when I would've been doing my paperwork, that'll be enough to help with my heart health.

30 minutes a day, 5 days a week they suggest, so that's what I plan to do on top of the steps I already achieve on my fitbit at the moment.

If you need convincing it's a good idea to move a bit more, the NHS website says;

It can reduce your risk of major illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and cancer by up to 50% and lower your risk of early death by up to 30%.  People who do regular activity have a lower risk of many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and some cancers.
Research shows that physical activity can also boost self-esteem, mood, sleep quality and energy, as well as reducing your risk of stress, depression, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
“If exercise were a pill, it would be one of the most cost-effective drugs ever invented,”
That's good enough for me, I realised, whenever I've successfully lost weight in the past, I've been doing some kind of activity, so I need to get back to that place.  What's put me off is that I've always had injuries through exercising, I have bad knees and a bad back, basically I've abused my body when I was younger by over-exercising or exercising incorrectly!  That's the other reason I chose the cross-trainer, it's easy on the joints and I can still work up a sweat. 

But first, I have to put it together, oh my days, there are so many gubbings and parts, this is just the gubbings;

I've done about a third of it, will do the rest today hopefully! 

So are you moving at all?  Is there something you could do?  You have to find something that you like, something that fits in with your life, something you'll stick too. I can listen to audio books or watch something on my ipad as I do my exercise now, quite looking forward to it now, but first to get well and shift this lurgy, but from Sunday or Monday I reckon I'll be almost there!

Here's to a great on track day, make it a Fab Friday BeYOUtiful!


No comments: