Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 11 July 2016

Keeping it simple this week...



11th July 2016
Most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank.  Ben Irwin


For the first time in a long time, I had some energy spare yesterday, I did some gardening, not lots, I'm not loving the garden this year, the weather isn't sunny enough and it's the reason I like to be out there, so it's just a case of keeping it under control.  We walked Alfie, I sorted the kitchen, then we went for a lovely drive through the country lanes.  When we got back, I only had the energy to sort the laundry and do some ironing - I impressed myself!  It does show that getting those hours back has made a difference.  I've been thinking I'm just lazy and don't want to do the housework stuff, but the truth was, I was actually tired. 

We can only do so much, so many of us are running on empty with such busy lives, no wonder we don't pay enough attention to our health and we end up overeating!

I had a delicious huge Sunday breakfast yesterday for 12sp, slice of bacon medallion, eggy bread, heck sausage, baked beans, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, nom nom.  I didn't eat again till tea time, had salt beef, with mash, leeks and green beans.  Wasn't so keen on the salt beef, but Alfie loved it!

This week, I shall mostly be focusing on simple foods, No Count I think, then I don't have to worry about weighing and tracking, that'll work nicely for me this week, I can keep my meals simple too.  I don't want my week to be all about food, I want to enjoy my meals don't get me wrong, but there's more to life isn't there really!

I think seeing mom only eating soft foods for the past week has really made me realise this more than ever, she's living on plain foods and she's still enjoying her day to day life as she always does.  She's not moaning or whining that she can't have cake, she realises that in order for her jaw to mend, it's farley's rusks and scrambled eggs all the way :)

I like the idea of a hassle free, simple, healthy and tasty week.  So what does that look like?  What foods have I got?  What foods do I need to buy?

I like the idea of bubble and squeak, need to buy cabbage and potatoes for that.  Here's to making a shopping list.  If I'm doing No Count, I'll be having cottage cheese, I love cottage cheese, even more so with diced pineapple in it, I can add that myself to the fat free stuff to keep it No Count.    I haven't had beans on toast in ages, that can be my breakfast as I have half a tin open in the fridge. 

I need to get some tinned and fresh veg.  Bacon medallions too, yeah I'm going to plan me some meals, do me a shopping list and when I go to the dentist later, I'll nip to the supermarket and pick up the bits I need.

Ooo Jacket potato with tuna mayo, that's another meal I haven't had for yonks,  I might make my own coleslaw with low fat mayo, or I could be lazy and use my weeklies for a spoonful out of a tub!  Burgers, homemade low fat burgers mmm,  Spaghetti bolognaise maybe, or fakeaway donor kebab, all are good and easy.
Yeah I need to get back to basics and to simple foods.

Now, what's for breakfast BeYOUtiful ;) all about the healthy and happy today...

No comments: