Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 9 July 2016

And now I'll do what's best for me...

9th July 2016
Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. Eddie Cantor
Can I start by saying that blog title was quite difficult to write, I felt selfish writing it and you know what, I shouldn't!

Just lately I've either been working and rushing doing stuff or too tired to do stuff so stuck to chair in front on the tv.  This week I've had Alfie to walk too, luckily it's coincided with the having less paperwork to do for work and also I had Wednesday morning off work for moms birthday.  I've really noticed a difference already, yesterday I took Alfie out for his walk, he doesn't rush does our boy, he likes to watch the world go by, I'd been doing the housework before we left, I was halfway through the kitchen, thinking I must finish it when I get back and put that load of washing out, when Alfie decides to lie down in the middle of the field!  Normally I'd have stood there thinking, "come on, I've got loads to do!" but yesterday, I smiled and thought 'good idea', then I decided to lie down with him and we had 10-15 minutes of chilling and watching the world go by.  I want more of that in my life, I'm so glad I'm working on getting the balance back, I can't wait for my energy levels to go back up for me to have some left over after I've finished doing my work. 

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my job, that's probably why I do so much of it, but I also love my life, my mom, my dog, my friends and my family and I want the energy to enjoy them all. 

If “I just don’t have enough time.” is one of your most used lines, is it time to make changes?  So many of us are guilty of saying 'I don't have time'  when things get busy or when we don't wanna feel guilty about not doing something.  Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's an excuse not to do things;

- I don't have time to exercise (easier to say than to actually make the effort, justifies us not going for that walk, but no fun when we're wheezing after a walk up a flight of stairs.

- I don't have time to cook!  That's a great excuse to give you the okay to go to the chippy!

What else don't you have time for?  I know sometimes my members don't have time to make their meeting, usually because they're doing everything for everyone else. 

Usually 'don't have time' is another way of saying 'it's not a priority' and it's really said that we don't see our own needs as a priority. 

Think about it,

"I don't have time for my meeting this week, it's just not a priority, my health and happiness will have to wait!"

"I know it's good for me to exercise but it's just not a priority, I'm okay with being out of breathe when I have to walk up stairs."

"I know a home cooked meal would taste better and help me lose a few pounds but eating healthy isn't a priority to me right now so I'll stay at this weight and go to the chippy."

OUCH!  I've been using those excuses myself, truth hurts I won't lie.

Changing how we say it doesn't give us a whole loads more hours in our day though does it?  But then why do we find the time to do everything for everyone else and not make ourselves a priority - what's that all about.

I know I love reading and I often say, I can't concentrate to read at the moment, the truth is I can find the time to sit my backside down in front of the tele for hours and watch drivel, that's more about habit than time, if I really wanted to read, I'd take myself away from the tv and do it. 

I'm doing a timesheet  for work this week to see where I spend my hours and how many I spend working, maybe I need to do one for my life, so I can see what I'm doing with all of those 168 hours in the week.  Time is the one thing we can't get back, how are you spending yours?  I know some days I spend  too much time playing Candy Crush, on Facebook, in front of the tele, what about you?

What you do turns out to be what's important to you!  Is that really candy crush lol!

I'm going to be making 15 minutes on my Cross Trainer each day a priority to me now it's been looked over by an engineer and is safe to use. 

I'm going to start my new reading book tomorrow too, not today, today's all accounted for, I'm about to get ready for work, have a couple of hours of fun there, then I'm getting my first massage in 3 weeks.  THEN, my bestie is come over and we're going to have a day of giggles, I can't wait.  I'm going to cook us Beef Rengdeng, it's not going to be low in points, but it won't be as high as a takeaway and we'll drink lager probably whilst I cook it. 

I'm making me a priority from today, of course my mom is the most important person in my life and she's also a priority but we both need to be fit and well or healthy and happy as I like to say and that's my mission, here's to finding that work/life balance and taking care of US!

The greatest gift you can give someone is your time, because when you give your time, you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back!  Make sure you give some of those valuable time gifts to yourself BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: