Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 June 2016

Food glorious food, it's going to comfort....



30th June 2016
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. Martin Luther King Jr.


Last day of June and I want to put the heating on this morning, what's that all about?  I want sunshine!  I don't want to be thinking about making a big pan of stew in the middles of the year, it's not right!  Anyway enough of my moaning, stew it is this weekend for sure though, a nice pan of simple scouse, 

Scouse
Serves 3, No Count or 8sp per serving

420g Lean Diced Casserole Beef (7sp)
600g of Potatoes, Diced (12sp)
5 or 6 Carrots, Sliced
1 large Onion, Sliced
6 Beef Oxo stock cubes (1sp)
2 tsp Olive Oil (2sp)

Spray Olive Oil in a large pan and heat. Add the beef and cook on high to seal it.
Drain any fat and add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.  Add the carrots and potatoes and add enough hot water to cover.  Add the oxo cubes and stir.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 3-4 hours until the liquid reduces and it goes really thick – you know when it’s ready as you can stand a spoon in it!
Delicious the next day. Serve.
Mmm, might have to nip and get the ingredients today, the secret is to dice the potatoes and carrots really small, nom nom, defo want that now, it'll taste better tomorrow if I cook it today.

I tried roasted cauliflower yesterday, I cheated and bought it ready cooked from the Tesco garage but now I know it tastes good I'm going to have a go myself, they'd used Cauliflower Florets (89%), Rapeseed Oil, Coriander, Caraway Seeds, Ground Turmeric, Fennel Seeds, so I could change the oil for spray light and bring it down even more, but I don't mind using a teaspoon of oil, it'll be worth the points to taste good.  I was thinking too the Weight Watchers bake bags would work really well, put the cauli in one of them and bake, that'd be tasty.

Comfort food, that's what my body is craving, especially as I still have the lurgy, cracking chest infection I got going on, it'll run its course and be on its way soon enough, until then, I'll take care of it, feed and water it well and rest as much as I can. 

I can't think of anything else to write, my head is full of thoughts of stew :)

Have a great day, I know once I've had my hot tea and paracetamol, I'll be feeling a lot better, once I have a giggle with my members, I'll feel better still and not forgetting the chat and giggle mom and I have each morning, that always makes me smile and ready for my day.

What do you do in the morning BeYOUtiful to start your day with a smile?

My blog got a lot of attention yesterday, so if you have lost your mojo, today's challenge, the last on for June, is to decide what's the first thing you're going to do today to help you get it back!  Make yourself proud, stop doubting yourself (I'll be talking more about doubt tomorrow when I have time to sit and think!)

No comments: