Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 15 July 2016

What can we do?



15th July 2016
Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.  J M Barrie

For those who want to join us on September 4th for the Memory Walk on Cannock Chase, this is the team code MW17805 https://www.justgiving.com/teams/MW16HilarysHowlers
MW17805

Yesterday I covered a few things we can do to help us be healthy and happy, what else is there?  Activity is the obvious one, find something you enjoy.  Spend time with loved ones, make time, make memories, you'll remember where you were and who you were with but rarely will you remember what you had to eat!  Proving there's more to life than food!

Have something to look forward too, other than a bar of chocolate!  It might be something as little as a few hours to yourself to walk round the shops to a family holiday, for me this weekend it's a drive out with mom to a National Trust property for a bit of a walk outside, one we haven't been to before hopefully.

How about getting organised, that helps us with getting healthy and happy, if we sort ourselves out, a planner of some sort, we could organise not just our meals but our time too, start to tackle that to-do list that's been getting longer and longer.   I felt so good after finally doing my ironing!

Have a good stretch, we think about how we can move more and get our heart going but it's just as important to work on our flexibility  or we'll seize up.  Have a good stretch when you get out of bed in the morning, it improves your posture you know and will give a bit of energy to face the new day.  How, just put your hands above your head and stretch as far as you can for a few seconds.

I just tested it, it works you know, I felt parts of my body working that I'd forgot where there!

Learn to let go of stuff!  Sometimes this can be hard but stop wasting your energy by worrying about things that happened in the past, stuff you can't change.  Instead focus on the now and making that better and aiming for a brighter future.  How many of us replay a situation over and over in our minds after it's happened?  What we could've said if only we'd thought sooner!  I've done that a little this week after my mom was verbally attacked by a middle aged woman on Monday, but after doing it a few times, I realised what I was doing was giving her even more power over that situation so I put it out of my mind.  I did what was right, I walked away, we smile a lot in our house, I'm not letting others change that!

Once again in meetings this week, I've been reminded that so many of you still can't look in the mirror and say "I love you", so let's start small, start by smiling at your reflection, whatever you're thinking about yourself and your reflection, give yourself a big smile.  Smiling is contagious, whether you mean it or not it activates something in the brain that makes you feel happier.

Last but not least, remember ultimately you are in charge of both your health and your happiness.  If you got it wrong yesterday, try again today, don't beat yourself up, that won't help anyone.  Give yourself a break, take is one meal at a time, and smile with that BeYOUtiful face of yours! 

Have a great day.  You may not be able to control what happens to you, but you can control how you react and the thoughts that go through your mind.  You can't rely on others to bring you happiness either, it has to come from within, so focus on creating that positive mindset!  You can, I believe in your BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: