Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 25 July 2016

Here's to another week of No Count for me...



25th July 2016
Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.  African proverb

Love waking up to a sunny morning and moms now halfway through her no solids diet, 3 weeks to go, we're going to eat so much cake on Monday 15th August I can tell ya!  But until then, Farley's rusks rock ;)

Had a very chilled out weekend, not done a fat lot of anything, just enjoyed relaxing and chatting with mom, if she's up for a drive we could go for a walk at Weston Park today, we shall see what she fancies.  I need to do a bit of work but it won't take too long.  It's also my last week of working Wednesday morning as I'm handing the meeting over to the lovely Annmarie, it'll give me more time to spend with mom (yay) and also keep on top of the housework (yawn) but it has to be done.

I'm all about the grains this week, I tried making my own bulgur wheat Saturday, yesterday I had freekah, I bought that ready cooked in a microwave pouch, it is one of my favourites I have to say.  I've been told about a delicious pouch with wild rice and garlic to try from Sainsbury's, might nip in today.  I also have some quinoa and freekah in a packet to cook from scratch, will try that today I think.  I love these grains and will master cooking them and adding flavours to them with herbs and spices.  Especially as they're all free on No Count!

I'm fancying chucky eggs for breakfast though, as I have a box of the biggest eggs, I'll use thins as soldiers as the bread had gone green yesterday so we haven't got any till I get to the shop!

Oh if you haven't watched it yet, I really recommend Brief Encounter, new series on tv about a group of ladies who start selling at Ann Summers party, really good it is.  It's set in 1982 and my word how times have changed! 

My internet is on a go slow this morning, I'm trying to find a quinoa recipe, I just found Quinoa burger pittas in the No Count book, mmm they sound interesting, that might be on my to make list!  Today though I want to make use of the foods I already have in, so I might be making my own recipe up!  I've got onions, carrots, avocado, tomatoes, I can defrost a chicken breast!  Watch this space I say :)

But for now I need to shift my backside cos I know I could easily sit here for hours playing Candy Crush and messing about on Facebook but I'll give myself an hour max, then I'll crack on with my work.  I know most of you are going to work but today is really my weekend still as I work Saturday morning.  I do have a great life don't I!

Here's to a wonderful week, No Count in my house, whichever you're doing, enjoy it BeYOUtiful, it makes the journey easier.






No comments: