Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 14 August 2022

Well at least we walked!

Sunday 14th August 2022 
Have you, told you lately, that you love you?


Well I had a cracking day yesterday, even if I did end up going a third over my daily allowance, yep I consumed 1,000 calories too many - oops.  At least it's all tracked though and if I'm honest, it could've been a hell of a lot worse.

After our lovely Saturday morning huddle, I suggested we walked into Wednesfield along the canal to see what the festival had to offer.  Surprisingly I got a yes, I did tell a white lie and say it was only about half hour walk, but to be honest, it wasn't much more and just shy of 2.5 mile according to the map app, 'are we nearly there yet?' was mostly what Aryn said.  

The Festival wasn't up to much for me, very, very, loud music, a few stalls with tombolas and raffles, a few canal boats selling fudge, jams and tat and a pub with queues out the door. Mmm, we had a couple of drinks, then walked into Wednesfield.  By now, they had their revenge because my sciatica had kicked in big style and I was in agony.  The Wetherspoons was very welcoming with it's air conditioning and we decided to try the food as Aryn hadn't had nothing apart from a bar and we were curious.  Aryn's pizza was great as was the burger himself had, nothing wrong with my mixed grill either really, meat a little too cooked for my liking but that's just a personal thing, the speed of the service was amazing as we ordered from the app.  Oh and the lady who served us was really lovely, I do like friendly, smiley people.

We got a taxi back, they weren't up for the walk home, neither was I to be honest, it was ridiculously hot by then, walking out the pub was like getting off a plane in Spain.  We sat in the garden for a while and I drank the rest of that limoncello, then I found out after my first single G&T which I ordered, he'd been ordering me doubles, which obviously didn't help my total intake over the day.

I'll do my best to pull it back today and tomorrow, ready for those scales Tuesday, we're going to try Crossbow this afternoon for an hour which will burn a few calories.  I've got a gammon joint in the slow cooker, maybe sandwiches later or the can have chips and egg with it, we'll see what they fancy.

My body might be aching, I may not have had much sleep thanks to this heat but I'm happy and enjoying the cool breeze in the garden right now whilst they both snooze.

Here's to a sunny Sunday.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

 



Apparently my lunch in the Wetherspoons cost me 1500 calories - ouch!  I wished I'd gone for my first choice of sausage, chips and beans because the sauce and the chips were fab, himself ate most of my meat, he liked it, I found it a little overcooked.  



No comments: