Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 8 August 2022

A day of mixed emotions

Monday August 8th 2022
Be kind to your mind (& others)



Well today will mean I've been one track 100% for two weeks, it's all been tracked (honestly!) and I've managed to survive every eventuality.  Don't get me wrong, here I have had to resist so many things such as doughnuts - twice!  Naan bread and pistachio ice cream at the restaurant, cornetto at the station, pizza, potatoes, bread and butter, toast, fish and chips, chicken tikka masala, copious amounts of alcohol - oh and so much more!  Was it worth it, yeah it was because I haven't had the terrible heartburn and indigestion I have been having and hopefully I will have lost weight again tomorrow, I managed to lose 4lb last week so I'll be happy with anything, yep half pound will do me, don't get me wrong more would be better but this is something I need to get used to doing,  I can't be living that extreme eating life, it's no good for my health.

My health was something I was once again reminded of how important it is yesterday as we lost one of our Owls, she had been ill for many years but constantly fought it, sadly the operation she had last week was just too much.  Such a sad loss and one that played on my mind all day.  We'd gone for the day on the Severn Valley Railway and I spent a lot of the time on the train, staring into space thinking about her and her family.  

As for the day out, well it was hot so the boys weren't happy, Aryn hates sunshine and himself was uncomfortable as the sun burned through the windows of the train.  There weren't that many vintage cars and because of how the trains ran we were unable to get off and view them all because it would be an hour till the next train and there wasn't enough to do for an hour, plus there weren't enough trains running to enable us to do all the stops in the time available even if we'd been willing to waste the hour.  We just got off at Kidderminster and Highley.  I expected better scenery but then as I sat there I realise it's a VALLEY railway so we were down and the trees stopped us from seeing up a lot of the time lol.  

We went to the Oddfellows to get food on the way home, ordered drinks at our table (rock and roll me had tap water) then to be told that lots of the menu was off, all but the lamb on the roasts for example, so if they'd told us that before we ordered drinks we may not have stayed but we managed, Aryn had a sharer starter as his main, guess the calories on this plate;


I opte for beef and chicken duo, 903 calories, the chicken and it's gravy was divine, as was the beef but the gravy on the beef was not for me, I don't like wine in gravy!  Anyway himself ate my beef which cancelled out the halloumi fry I nabbed from Aryn's plate.


All that sunshine and food caused himself to fall asleep on the settee when we got home bless him, which always helps my diet because I don't want to move and wake him up.  

I'm off swimming now - must be mad!  

Here's to another great week 

Mwah, luv ya 

Move me xx


No comments: