Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 5 August 2022

Now to survive the weekend.

Friday 5th August 2022
your only limit is you.

I had a busy day yesterday with huddles and UW appointment, so I almost got caught out with hunger.  I started with a ham toastie, which was tasty but I should've added mushrooms to fill me up and add a veggie to the meal!

Having said that it did keep me going for hours, then I'd forgot to take the pizza dough out the fridge so it was a 2 hour wait which would be 4pm and I leave for work again then.

On a positive though, I'd been chatting to Elle saying that I liked the idea of going swimming more regularly on my own to get fit and get better at swimming as I'm a little poor at it, plus with Aryn to get him healthier.  I'd been looking at options and costs, but I didn't want to commit to a year because I know what I'm like, I start things and get bored.  Well she suggested I sign up for fit for a fiver, a Wolverhampton scheme giving me 3 months swimming for £5, plus she was sure kids in Wolverhampton got free swimming.  She made a call to the baths and yes he was entitled to a card until he was 16.  Thinking it would be a lot of hassle, we drove after work to Bentley baths and the lady was lovely, we left half hour later, after a tour of the baths with our cards, all I'd had to do was fill the form in online for me and take a bill proving I lived in Wolverhampton for Aryns.  Guess where I'm going this morning!  I've been up since half four which I'd rather not have been but hey ho, it is what it is.

When we came out the baths, it was well after 3 and I had to leave for work for 4 and Aryn needed feeding, he checked the KFC app and they were offering two zinger meals for a tenner.   2 chicken wings, burger, fries, gravy and pop, I checked nutracheck and the burger was 450 calories so I agreed to give it a go, Aryn would eat the other stuff in my box.  Oh how I regretted that, no sooner had I finished it, than I felt yuk, I couldn't drink the pop because every time I swallowed some, I had frothy stuff coming back up.  I felt sick for hours after, I don't think there was anything wrong with the burger it was just how my body reacted to it.  Aryn enjoyed his and was fine afterwards.
I finally made the pizzas when I got home, they worked out at 750 calories each, they're supposed to be 12in circle but I've not mastered rolling pizza dough, plus I try to make them rectangle so I can use my smaller oven.  I was gutted because I still felt a bit sick and knew I couldn't eat it all, I had a third which weighed 100g, it was as delicious as these pizzas always are, but I did start to feel yucky again.


Without going into detail, my stomach was what woke me this morning, hopefully that's it out my system and I'll have a much healthier day today!   Although I haven't planned anything yet, wished I'd took a gammon joint out the freezer yesterday now.  Want to be healthy today as we have a fun packed weekend!  I must still feel a bit yuk because I'm not feeling the love for planning food for later at all.

We have a meal planned for tomorrow night, my brothers treating us to an Indian, then Sunday we're off on the Seven Valley Railway so no idea what the plan for food is there, it was a last minute decision yesterday when I noticed they have a vintage car show this weekend so we get two for the price of one.  

Today Aryn and I are off to do archery, we have a groupon voucher Primal Mastery - Up To 56% Off - Essington | Groupon it's only up the road so perfect because he really enjoys pretending he's Robin Hood! 

Right let's survive the day, let's survive the weekend, it's not so easy to stay on track when you're out and about is it!  It is doable though...

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me 

No comments: