Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 23 August 2022

Cheap fish pie anyone?

Tuesday 23rd August 2022
Believe in yourself.

Weigh day, I'm not sure today, I've not had the best week, but I've still tracked and this is what it looked like;
  
As you can see I went over my calories 3 days but balanced it up a little with my swimming, we shall see!  

Yesterday I just couldn't decide what I wanted to eat so ended up just eating food that didn't really float my boat.  We did however try the Lidl's fish pie 89p and 357 calories.  I wished I'd had a Young's Admiral pie as a comparison, but as cheap fish pies go, it wasn't bad, it had the same amount of % of fish in it according to the ingredients, slightly more mash, oh and if you look a little further on the box, guess who it's made by.....Young's Seafood in exactly the same place as the Admiral pie!


I often buy an Admirals pie when it' on offer for £1, this saves waiting for the offer.  Aryn only gave it a 5/10 but I've turned him into a food snob if the truth be told and apparently Fish Pie was the one meal his grandad used to make from scratch so there's a big bit of competition there.

In my swimming world, I swam 40 lengths yesterday in my hour, that's 1km, I was really chuffed.  I even moved over into the medium speed lanes from the slow lane and felt I had the right to be there.  I'm definitely gaining confidence in the water, not 100%, still doubt myself a little but remind myself there's the floating dividers to grab if needed and very aware lifeguards.  I know it's mostly in my head but I'm getting there. 

I went to bed early last night to stop me eating, I need to think about what I actually want to eat, because I struggled yesterday.  I did resist temptation though, Aryn wanted something nice and I said then you need to go over the Co-op because I'm not going for you (I want him to get out more and not rely on me all the time) eventually he did and asked if I wanted crisps I declined even though I've fancied a packet of ready salted for a few days, thankfully he came back with sweet stuff which I find easier to resist.  He also came back with a tale, whilst he'd been in there some lad in a covid mask had jumped off his bike, run in, grabbed packets of mince and run off with the shop assistant shouting after him.  You couldn't make it up could ya, that never happened where he lived!

Right, I need another cuppa and I should decide what we're gonna eat.  Egg, beans and chips maybe, or something with rice, see my brain just doesn't know what it fancies...

Wish me luck, 

Luv ya 


Love me 

No comments: