Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 30 August 2022

Another month almost over!

Tuesday 30th August 2022
Today decide it will be a good day!



Thankfully the traffic gods were with us yesterday and we made excellent time getting home, I couldn't believe we didn't hit any traffic at all, we even drove straight off the M5 onto the M6 without any queueing - that never happens!  I was very thankful.  Aryn slept all the way, such good company lol, but at least I didn't have to make idle chit chat I guess, that can be proper random with a teenager for sure.

Overall we had a great weekend, having a kid with health problems adds a bit of a challenge but nothing we can't cope with, it's no fun being 13 at the best of times is it.  We still managed to have some fun times and make more memories.  The image of him dancing in the sea having so much fun will stay with me for a very, long time, such a shame we couldn't get him back in yesterday but that's how things go, one day at a time.

As for food, well don't even get me started on how blooming difficult it is to get poached eggs on toast!  When everyone finally decided what we were doing for breakfast, it was too late to get in the place I wanted to go, but we had to queue to be told that - grrr.  We ended up in a box standard cafe with no choice - cooked breakfast or not.  OH and of course it came with chips - WTH!  I impressed myself, didn't touch the chips, left a sausage and a slice of bacon, the thing I wanted to eat, the beans were damn cold.  What a waste of 600 calories, plus I asked for a coffee, it was like a cup of hot milk and I bet it was full fat - another 200 calories right there. Double GRRR, I don't mind wasting calories on really good food but not stuff I don't want.  


We made up for it with dinner, I had sea bass with pea and smoked pancetta veloute, broccoli and spring onion mash - it was so good and only 703 calories, worth every mouthful. 


When we got home, I realised we had no bread or eggs or much of anything in the kitchen and I was peckish, so found this in the cupboard and I have to say, I really liked it, not a lot of it for 393 calories, but I'd have it again, maybe steam some veg and stir it in with it for a quick meal, you can get those microwave small veg packs for one, that would work well, a little cooked chicken and you'd have a fast, tasty meal for under 500 calories on a lazy or busy day.



I've slept really well from about 9, only woke a couple of times, as much as I love going away in the Motorhome, it's nice not to have to climb over himself to get to the bathroom and there's nothing better than sitting on a proper porcelain toilet ;) in a proper full sized bathroom.  I'm not built for roughing it me!

It was a good reminder of how far he has to drive every week to get to work on a Monday and home on a Friday in busy traffic, no wander he's tired when he gets back.  

I made the mistake of stripping the bed and only half making it, leaving the quilt cover for him to do, well he rang me just before midnight saying he couldn't find the buttons, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact he'd been drinking with a work mate since I'd spoken to him 4 hours earlier when we got home lol, I'm sure he'll be able to find the opening this morning ;) 

Right I better get ready for my work day, looking forward to some female company, I love my boys, I do but you can't beat a girly chat, especially when you're talking food and calories, a walk along the sea front and the pier does not earn enough calories to eat a full English breakfast with chips, but he suggested it did yesterday.

No clue what the scales are going to say but whatever they do say, I shall continue to do my best.  Aryn enjoyed his avocado smash so much, he's asked if we can have it at home and I fancied it too, so that might be lunch today if I can get sour dough and avocado, not low in calories but delicious and it'll be our main meal.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: