Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 13 August 2022

Mmm Limoncello...

Saturday 13th August 2022
Good things take time.



Sitting in the garden whilst there's a lovely cool breeze, that wasn't what it was like when we went to bed last night, there was no air at all just heat of the wrong kind.  "Getaway you're too hot" was all I heard in bed last night, it did make me chuckle.

My day yesterday started with my swim and I managed 32 lengths which is half a mile, I'm chuffed with that, don't get me wrong, it took a good hour and I had to stop to rest but I did it and it's progress.  My body did not want to go at all if I'm honest, it was tired and a little achy, it is this morning too, my neck hurts a bit.  I know my body will adapt and get used to it in time and it's worth it because I'm enjoying the swimming - who'd have thought I'd be saying that ever!

Food wise, I had a bacon and mushrooms sandwich for breakfast, that was 260 calories, wished I hadn't put the mushrooms on the bread though as they sent them soggy!


I then took my car to my mechanic because it's occasionally stalling as I reverse, thankfully he agreed with himself and the garage that sold it us that it was a sensor, so he ran diagnostics, pressed a few buttons, said it should be okay now but if it does it again, he will change the sensor.  He's a great bloke and always able to have a look when I need him, the landline doesn't work.


I wasn't really hungry lunchtime so I ate the other half bag of onion rings and a cheeky G&T in the garden, I'd done all my washing, stripped the bed and remade it, so I earned it.  I could be ironing now but I just can't be bothered, I'm too chilled here typing, I really do need to do some of that ironing though.

We went through the usual Friday night thing, 'shall we go to the pub', 'if you want to', do you want to eat first, nah cos then I'll fall sleep.  So I made Aryn's, whilst himself ate two pieces of cold chicken from the fridge, Aryn asked for too many pieces of chicken and couldn't eat them so I ate them, now they're dry because they've been microwaved twice.  He feel asleep, then went and warmed up some dinner.  I went and sat on the toilet to calm myself down because I like us all to eat together and that didn't happen, we ate in stages and as you can see from my plate, I threw it on!  The couscous was good at least.


The thing is, his head wants to go and have a few pints and I get that, but his body is screaming, 'I'm knackered mate, you've worked me all week and just sat in a car driving home for over 4 hours, I just wanna rest'.  I need to look at getting Guinness on draft in the house lol.

Look at my flowers though, a week on and they still look amazing and the smell is something else, I love the smell of lily's, they are just gorgeous.


I indulged and spent my remaining calories on limoncello which I'd bought in Lidl's, it was delicious with a load of ice in it.  We watched The Kingsman, long drawn out film!  Then went to bed and started watching, now what was it called, mmm, it's about how McDonald's started and Michael Keaton is in it, anyway, I was really enjoying it, got about 40 minutes in before we both fell asleep after our, 'don't touch me' conversation :)  Trust me the last thing you want touching you in this weather is a hormonal, menopausal 52 year old who's body feels like it's about to combust!   Ah the films called Founder and I will watch the rest today hopefully.

No plans today other than work this morning, I have food in the fridge which I can cook depending on what we end up doing, I'm happy to chill in the garden because it's going to be another hot one isn't it.  I'd also be happy to go and have a few drinks lunchtime if it makes him happy, but there's also a canal festival at Wednesfield, I wouldn't mind having a nosey at, we could combine a walk along the canal, with a look at that and a drink, we'll see!  I won't hold my breathe though.

For now, I'm going to go get ready for work and go pick Elle up as her cars in being fixed.

Have a wonderful weekend, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x 

No comments: