Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 11 August 2022

Burned loads of calories - then ate them!

Thursday 11th August 2022
Be PRO-active not NEG-active.


WOW WOW WOW, what a day yesterday was!  Another day I enjoyed every moment of.  Started with swimming at 7ish, I braved it, I swam the entire length of the pool, right down to the deep end - woo hoo, go me!  I won't lie, I was proper pleased with myself, I felt tired when I got there, my body not my mind, I'd had enough sleep but the archery, kayaking and swimming had all taken it's toll on me and I was feeling it.  I still managed 26 lengths in the hour which will do, I just kept resting in-between.

NEXT, was our huddle, again wonderful, handing out certificates, hearing that people had returned because of my blog, if I can help just one person - I'm very happy.

From there I nipped to Lidls, I went to fetch their frozen fish pie that had been recommended, it's less than a pound so I'll let you know my verdict soon enough.  I resisted a bacon sandwich, I'd been chatting to a mates dad in the pool and he put the idea in my head - bad lad ;) 

Instead I made a fish finger baguette, removing the middle.  It was a Lidl sandwich baguette weighing 117g before I started which would've set me back about 327 calories. 


Removing the middle took it down to 75g - 206 calories.


My Birds Eye fish fingers were 236 for 4, bit of spinach, cucumber and tartare sauce



a total of 528 calories, delicious.

The leftover bread can be used up too, breadcrumbs is the easy option, I might make eggy bites this morning for breakfast, or you can make a savoury bread pudding.  


I've also used up the tandoori mixture I got from the restaurant so there's chicken marinading in the fridge for today, can't wait to try that.

Next Aryn and I went back to the baths to get him good at swimming, I then faced another fear, he coaxed me down the water slides, oh my!  I loved the longer, slower slide but the short, sharp drop one, WOW, my swimming cosey went up my bum, the water up my nose, I screamed as I hit the water but I did it and I laughed.


Eating out wasn't planned but we indulged ourselves as the last time we planned to go to the New Masons, the weather was 35 degrees and they cancelled the bookings because it was too hot for the chefs.  It was worth the wait for sure, I finally got to try the kebabs I've been told about and the fries, oh my days, they were lush.  I broke down the ingredients, shared the fries with Aryn and tracked 1016 as I pinched some of his onion rings.
With some wine I went over on my allowances by 82 calories but heck I spent 2.5hrs in the pool so all is good in my world.  

That my friends is a very, good day, activity I enjoy, facing a few fears and eating epic food.

Now for a busy day ahead, all is good in my world.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: