Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 6 August 2022

Swimming, shooting, check me out!

Saturday 6th August 2022
stop waiting - go and get it.


Day 12 of 100% honest tracking, because Nutracheck doesn't have roasted chicken skin on it, I've added a few chicken wings instead they need to sort that out, I know I'm not the only person who eats as much of the skin of a delicious chicken if no one else is going to.

Okay my day yesterday, I went swimming at 7 O'clock at the local baths now I have my fit for a fiver card, I'll be happy to pay for a proper pass in a few months time if I prove to myself, I'm going to keep it up.  My hope is 3 times a week, here's hoping.  Well I got in and it's a long pool with different speed lanes at that time of the morning, I got in the slow one of course, plus I only swam to where it said 1.5m, I'm not ready for the deep end yet, that's a good 6 inches above my head and I have swam to the 1.5m bit and back without stopping so I know I could make it at least once, but in my head, I'm not ready at all.  I don't care what others think, this is about me getting fit and to be honest, the old uns in my lane were lovely and encouraging.  I managed a good 50 minutes of swimming, I was in there almost the hour and I only stopped to wait for the people in front of me to get far enough away.  Turns out I'm not a slow swimmer, I do front crawl, I'm just a wuss not ready for the full length - I'll get there.  By the time I'd finished my arms were saying "WHY!" they weren't impressed with what we'd done and neither were my legs this morning.

I got back and made myself this delicious breakfast for 383 calories including my cuppa, eggy bread with mushrooms, nom nom.


Then Aryn and I went to do archery for an hour over Essington, Primal Mastery | Facebook thoroughly recommend, we had a great time, we fancy tag archery, shooting each other but not with pointy arrows of course ;) 

 
Thankfully this seemed to loosen my shoulders/arms rather than make them worse!  

We nipped to Tesco on our way home to get a chicken and a bit of salad, I then enjoyed some time in the kitchen, singing and cooking, I really enjoy doing this when there's no rush or stress to get it all done.  

 


Note to self, don't ask himself to put you a 'bit' of couscous on your plate if you do only want a spoonful!  The calories in this lot soon added up, but I was 100% honest, I tracked the garlic bread which I added some Dolcelatte cheese too, so good.  I also took into consideration the last of the butter I'd used to baste the chicken, yep it's all gone on my tracker, 897 calories at tea time, good job I wasn't drinking a bottle of wine too last night, I had a small glass, and I do mean small!  Lot's of leftover chicken in the fridge for the boys to eat today.  I'd bought a tray of tandoori chicken from Tesco because you don't see it very often and I hoped it would be as good as takeaway - it wasn't, its good chicken but no tandoori, I have bought a spice tailor mix to try and if that's no good, I've got a youtube recipe from the man who taught me to make an epic curry.

It's almost 7am, I'm sat typing (obvs) and I'm stiff this morning and my muscles are asking why we did those things yesterday, but it's worth it because I know if I stick with it, those things will get easier and I'll have more energy.  I WANT MORE ENERGY!  

I need to remember this tonight when we go for an Indian with my brother, at least driving will cut the calories, thankfully I also love tandoori so that's a good choice, I like sashlick too, I do like the sound of this though; 

Lamb Tawa Succulent lamb pieces served with a rich and tasteful medium sauce. Served on our sizzling Tawa directly to your table

and this 


Lamb Korai Tender chunks of lamb or chicken moderately spiced cooked with diced onions, peppers and herbs in a thick Korai sauce served in a hot sizzling dish.

We shall see, I haven't had a 'grown up' meal out in a long time, so I'm going to have what I fancy and track it and enjoy it.

But first I'm off to see all our lovely members this morning 

Here's to a glorious weekend, the suns shining and life is good!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x


No comments: