Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 15 August 2022

Hi, I'm a moody menopausal middle-aged bitch!

Monday 15th  2022
Remember you don't have to be happy all the time!
This weather is not helping my mood!  Lack and disturbed sleep makes me less patient, apparently some would say grumpy!  I'd say less tolerable and instead of letting things go, I called them out.  But hey another day, a clean slate.

Yesterday was too warm, with a ungrateful teenager and a very, tired himself, a great combination for folk who are going to be shooting crossbows lol.  Thankfully we only aimed them at the targets and we all hit a few bullseyes as you can see.


The kid hates the sunshine at the best of times so I knew he wasn't gonna love standing in it shooting but I can't predict the weather and when the first thing he said to me when he got up was, "and now we get to stand in it for an hour" well, that just made me think you ungrateful child.  His dad pointed out, he'd just woke up so he was cranky and I get it, but I too am allowed to be cranky .  So yeah there was a good deal of cranky yesterday whilst himself just never loses it, just talks calmly and looks at me as if to say, 'what do you want me to do, I don't know what's wrong here'.  Yay, bring on some rain to cool things down.  

We're all good, by the way, that's just how some days go, anyone who's happy all the time and doesn't have their moments is either very, very lucky or missing something about life.  I was making the mistake of expecting a 13 year old to behave like an adult, I do that sometimes, then I remind myself that's not gonna happen and we go back to how it was before when I treat him like a child.


Foodwise, I ate far too much bread, we started with a bacon sandwich, then I'd cooked a gammon joint and the plan was gammon and salad cobs, but the salad was frozen because on Friday his lager wasn't cold enough so we turned the fridge colder - another thing to pee me off yesterday because that meant no one had anything 'green' yesterday and Aryn needs it more than most.  

Himself drove back to work last night rather than at 4am this morning so I had an early night and lay there sweating like a bitch with a glass of wine and a chip bap, so more bread.  Today I will eat green things and I will be having yet another chat with the boy about the importance of fibre and getting his ass out of bed before noon!  

This week I'm driving his car because he's taken mine with him to take it back to the garage he had it from and get the issue of the sensors sorted, it stalled again on him as he pulled off the drive last night, which made me laugh, that childish smug feeling you get when you've been a knob most of the day and finish it off with a last childish push lol.   

What did make me glad was I've been saying to him since I had that car that sometimes it struggles to pull away, like when you're at a junction, I would feel like if I hadn't left enough room it wouldn't make it.  Every time he's driven it, of course it hasn't done it, to the point I was thinking it was in my imagination but thankfully yesterday it did it, it loses a bit of power as he worded it, so that was the other reason for taking it back because that's dangerous.

Well this moody menopausal middle aged bitch has woken up in a better mood despite the fact I was woken by someone calling their cat at 4.45am this morning, maybe the same person who was calling their cat at midnight last night - this is why I rarely sleep with my windows open because people are noisy.  2am the morning before, it was the bloody milkman waking us up and again at 3am some bloke walking down the close chatting on his phone - seriously!  Mmm, still on the verge of grrr ain't I lol.

I'm off for a swim, cool me down and wear me out, then I'll plan the meeting for the week and think about what to have to eat, I need something with vegetables for sure, I fancy mash so I might need to nip to the shops.

Hopefully you had a less 'raaarrrr' day yesterday but if you didn't it's all good, we'll roar together.

Mwah, luv ya

love me xx






No comments: