Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 3 June 2020

How you doing?

Wednesday 3rd June 2020
Never do anything during the day that will keep you awake at night!


A deep sigh, that was what I just did as I when to start writing this blog because I don't know what to write about, I'm sat here watching the news, now shaking my head in disbelief.  Conversations I've had with people over the last few days makes my heart ache and 2020 is just turning into a surreal year.  I don't think there's many who aren't worried about their future and the future of their country or the world!  It sort of makes weight watching seem a little well unimportant?  Or does it?

Course it doesn't, everything is easier when you're taking care of yourself and feeling healthy, don't get me wrong, I also know when everything around you isn't going well you're less likely to focus on yourself.  

All I can say is do what you can and try not to fall into what I like to call SOD IT SYNDROME because that ain't going to help at all, what it will do over time is add to your problems and lower your mood.  Also let's try not to overthink what's going to happen before it does, I've been guilty of doing that whilst out walking Alfie this morning, but until I know what my future is going to look like, I'm not going to stress about it.  That doesn't mean I can't think about it and look at my options, make plans etc but not catastrophise everything!

Today I'm going to reflect on the good I did yesterday not the bad and focus on how I can do healthy things today.  I've just enjoyed a bowl of fruit - mango slices, strawberries and raspberries and enjoyed them, this is becoming a habit, as soon as I turned that kettle on after the dog walk and yoga this morning, I thought 'fruit' and opened the fridge, so it's becoming automatic, the kettle being my cue.  

Yesterday I enjoyed these burgers, vegan too!  I can honestly say if they'd been on a burger bap with all the trimmings and relish etc, I don't think I'd have realised they weren't meat.  I could tell eaten like this but they were still tasty.  4SP for 1 or 7SP for both.  


I didn't snack at all yesterday, I did have pizza for my tea in the hope I could tempt mom, it didn't so I won't even try again especially as the pizza wasn't all that.  I had salad too, which I did really enjoy.  Oh and I pointed my shopping as I put it in the fridge and put the points on, some are much higher than I hoped, but instead of having a meltdown, I'll just eat zero foods for the other meals I eat that day.  

I also watch Gordon Ramsay travelling and learning about cooking which I thoroughly enjoyed and it made me want to get in the kitchen and experiment again with lentils and things.  He's also in a programme that started yesterday on the Food Network called Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate, 6pm, a cookery course which was really good, showing how to cook with simple ingredients, I'm going to continue to watch that and learn. 

It's raining outside, Piers Morgan is shouting at someone on the telly AGAIN, Alfie's asleep at my feet and moms sat next to me eating biscuits for her breakfast.  I'm past trying to get her to eat healthier, it's not worth the fight, especially as 5 minutes later she's forgot the conversation.  I'm going to do my best to have a positive day, distract myself with my crochet and look forward to my virtual workshop tonight 5.30pm.   The rain won't stop me going for a walk, I'm not made of sugar, I won't melt!

How are you doing?  What are you going to do today? 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x


No comments: