Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 7 June 2020

Focus on the good

Sunday 7th June 2020 
Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace 


A lovely walk had already with Alfie and my yoga done, I've started another 30 day playlist, Living Grateful with Adriene and I thoroughly enjoyed the first one which was a grounding practice which I needed, calm and slow, especially as my back keeps seizing, and she says when the root chakra is out of balance a person can feel anxious, uneasy, fearful, worried and stressed. This can lead to low energy and low immunity and an overall sense of instability. I've felt all of that to a certain degree over the last couple of weeks so am hoping this month of yoga practice will help turn that around.  

Focusing on living grateful was also something we picked up on in the virtual
workshop yesterday, it's too easy to get consumed in fear and focus on what 'could' happen, to let that overthinking the negative stuff take control of us.  Scientific research has now proven that implementing an attitude of gratitude into our regular routine changes the molecular structure of our brain. It’s true!

Practicing gratitude keeps gray matter functioning, making us feel healthier and happier. When we feel good, the central nervous system is affected too. We are less reactive, less stressed, and less resistant to change.

I need to get back to focusing on the good stuff, I'm normally a positive person and can't wait to get out of bed in the morning, I need her back, she's been missing for a couple of weeks because of one thing or another.

When I was talking to a new member at a Virtual Workshop this week, I explained why my group is called Happy Owl's (it's because the OWL stands for Over Weight Ladies or Lads) that reminded me of my strong belief in that everyone can be healthy and happy at any size! I've just had a glimpse at my website (which is in desperate need of updating I know) and some of the things in there that I'm going to spend some time reading through today including this A little book of Happy which is a book I put together one year for my helpers, The happy Zone is a place I've put lots of stuff I'd picked up over the years and Affirmations were taken from some cards I had printed.  I'd forgotten about all that, life gets in the way doesn't it.  

Anyway, food wise I ate healthy yesterday, including this deliciousness, I can never decide if I like  dumplings and I'm still not sure, but for 9SP this M&S mini meal was excellent and I finally cooked the courgette that's been in my fridge for over a week, I added some grated parmesan and it made it lush.


Not sure what's on the menu today, but I do know I have a few strawberries left to eat, gonna chop them up and have in yogurt I think, maybe with some oats.  Oh yeah there's a fruity curry for 15SP I'll have for dinner, then I'll start on the freezer and cupboard next week, now all the ready meals have gone from the fridge.

Working this morning, lots to do, I really need to hoover but my back disagrees so maybe I'll sweep it instead, not as heavy.

Hope to see some of you this morning, I'm supporting Amy in the Stafford group at 10, that'll set me up for the day, let's have a good one shall we, focus on the good stuff.

Good stuff for me so far included having a cuddle with Alfie when I'd finished yoga, being able to sit here typing in my office because moms calm so far too, that's lovely.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx
 

No comments: