Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 31 August 2019

Hunters chicken - when a person reminds you of a meal!

Saturday 31st August 2019
Life is like a cup of tea, it's all in how you make it. 

I really enjoyed not thinking about work or points yesterday, I didn't particularly go crazy with the good, I did eat a lot of baguette though but there were no takeaways nor trips to the shop, the only time I left the house was to walk Alfie and to go for my amazing massage.  Even mom was quiet yesterday, she actually went for a lie down on the afternoon which she never does so I had an hour to watch a rom com thing on Netflix.  It feels like longer than 24 hours since I wrote yesterdays blog and I'm feeling good this morning, looking forward to seeing my members at my workshop before enjoying the rest of a relaxing weekend with mom.

Since bumping into Tracey and Stacey in the shop the other night, I've been thinking about Hunters chicken, it was always Stacey's favourite, I still don't think I've ever made it, let alone tried it.  Here's a quick recipe for 5SP each, serves 2, it's not as runny as son of them look which I wouldn't enjoy so much. 

  • 2 skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 smoked back bacon medallions (2SP)
  • 50ml sticky BBQ sauce (4SP)
  • 25g grated parmesan (4SP)

  1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. put a baking sheet in it, then put the chicken breasts on it and cover each one with 2 bacon medallions. Put the chicken in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through. Once the chicken is cooked, pour over the BBQ sauce and scatter over the parmesan and return to the oven for 2 mins until the cheese has melted. Serve with whatever sides you fancy, nice with mash I reckon and some veggies.

    Pinch of nom do one too for 4SP https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/hunters-chicken/ 

    I'll not be cooking that today, but maybe one of these days, I was just thinking I have a packet of texan sticky bbq sauce in my cupboards that's 13SP and I've not used it because it's so high, I might use that today as I'm still on my staycation so the points don't matter so much, I might even stop at the Tesco garage and get THIGHS or DRUMSTICKS instead of chicken breast, check me out!  Oh my, I can't think chicken thigh without thinking of Nigella's 40 cloves of garlic chicken recipe, it's so good, here's that recipe 

    Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic 

    Serves 4

    13sp per serving using thighs,  
    3sp per serving using breasts, 
    9sp per serving using legs

    2 tbsp regular olive oil (9sp)
    Either
    Use 8 chicken thighs (skin on, bone in) (42sp) or use 8 skinless breasts for 0sp or use 4 skinless legs for 27sp 

    1 bunch (about 6) spring onions 
    small bunch fresh thyme 
    40 garlic cloves (approx 3-4 bulbs), unpeeled
    2 tbsp dry white wine (1sp)
    1½ tsp sea salt flakes or ¾ tsp pouring salt 
    Ground black pepper

    Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Heat the oil on the hob over a high heat in a wide, shallow, ovenproof and flameproof casserole (that will ultimately fit all the chicken in one layer, and that has a lid). Sear the chicken, skin-side down. This may take two batches, so transfer the browned pieces to a bowl as you go. Once the chicken pieces are seared, transfer them all to the bowl. 

    Finely slice the spring onions, put them into the casserole and quickly stir-fry them with the leaves torn from a few sprigs of thyme. Put 20 of the unpeeled cloves of garlic (papery excess removed) into the casserole, top with the chicken pieces, skin-side up, then cover with the remaining 20 cloves of garlic.

    Add the vermouth (or white wine) to any oily chicken juices left in the bowl. Swill it around and pour this into the casserole. Sprinkle with the salt, grind over the pepper, and add a few more sprigs of thyme. Put on the lid and cook in the oven for 1½ hours. 
Right that's me, need to go shower and get ready for my workshop, here's to a very chilled out weekend for me, no thinking required.  Mwah
Luv ya, 
Love me xx

No comments: