Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 1 September 2019

#SelfCare September

Sunday 1st September 2019
If you have nothing to be grateful for, check your pulse.” ~Unknown


Okay so it's the first of September, I always believe its also the start of Autumn, so a great time to turn over a new leaf, I'm up for a new project, who's up for a month of Self Care?  I've already mentioned it in my Facebook group with my members and they are, so every day this month, I'll think of something we can all do that's going to help us with our journey and self care.   If you haven't already, get yourself a notepad, it can be a nice new pretty one or a cheap pad as long as you can write in it that's all that matters.  

Now you'd think because it's day one of my self care project and the first of the month, I'd be getting back on track this morning after my 'staycation' but you know what, I'm not, why you ask?  Well because my sister gave me half a pie yesterday and my member bought me some bread and if I'd started this morning I would have eaten those both last night when I'd had enough food and then ate less today, instead I decided to spread that food over the weekend, that way I actually end up eating less overall, so I'll track within my points from tomorrow.  Self-care is about so much more than weight loss. 

What is self care then?  


self-care
/sɛlfˈkɛː/
noun
the practice of taking action to preserve or improve one's own health.
"autonomy in self-care and insulin administration"
the practice of taking an active role in protecting one's own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress.
"expressing oneself is an essential form of self-care"



There's the google dictionary definition, that'll do for starters.  Self-care includes activities and practices we engage in on a regular basis to reduce stress and enhance our wellbeing, that sums it up nicely, there are different areas of self care we can focus on, they include physical, psychological, emotional, financial, spiritual, environmental and professional.  

Now as I only decided to do this yesterday and I have Alfie whining waiting for his walk (he's looking after his own selfcare) I obviously don't have the entire month planned, so bear with me.

First of all I wanted you to appreciate how incredible we all are right now before we even get started, we're all BeYOUtiful, we have done so much and have so many years of experience to draw on.




The first thing I wanted to tell you about, you may already have heard of it, is Kintsugi, it's Japanese pottery, and it can teach us all so much about feeling flawed, Kintsukuroi (“golden mend”) is the Japanese art of mending broken pottery with gold or silver and it has a deeper philosophical significance. The mended flaws become part of the object’s design, and some people believe the pottery to be even more beautiful having gone through the process of being broken and repaired.  Through kintsukuroi, the cracks and seams are merely a symbol of an event that happened in the life of the object, rather than the cause of its destruction.  Like pots, bowls, cups, and plates, we endure our own bumps and scrapes but we still remain BeYOUtiful. 

I just want us all to realise that we're improving how we feel, not making ourselves a better person by changing our appearance, yes we can change our appearance but it doesn't make you a better person, you're already good enough.  I hope that makes sense.

Why work on self care, to feel better, to be happier, those are my reasons (Alfies not happy lol, he wants walking).  So today's task, get your pad.

Write Day 1 at the top of a page, now Write the word mistake on your first page, now get your pen and put a line through it. There’s your first error in the book, done, so now we haven’t got to worry about keeping the book ‘perfect’ and ‘neat’. This book is for you to write in, to doodle, no order or semblance no worrying about it being 'flawless', let's make as many errors as we need to, don't waste energy on trying to be perfect.

Okay now no matter what kind of week you've had I want you to answer this question, and actually do it, don't just read it and think, meh I know the answer to that I don't need to think about it.  You may be surprised at the answers you come up with if you actually do think about it! 


What do you think matters most in life?


That's a little deep, but do it, then answer this question and list as many things as you can.

What makes me happy/smile? 

That's enough for one day, but let's see how long you can make your list, I like to call it my sunshine list, Alfie whining for a walk whilst I'm trying to drink my tea makes me smile, some mornings it annoys me but when it does, I remind myself that's my issue not his!

I'd love to see photos of your answers, either posted on Facebook or sent to me directly, if you're a member why not bring your book to your workshop, oh and putting your workshop in your diary is definitely something you should do on your self-care list!

Here's to #Self-Care Sunday #SelfcareSeptember, if you post tag me.  Let's have a day full of smile lists and happy thoughts, mwah

Luv ya


Love me

No comments: