Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 May 2018

Eating on a budget?

31st May 2018
Ain’t nothing to it but to do it.


Short one this morning as I’ve got a lot to do, it was a busy day yesterday too, mom stayed in bed till lunchtime bless her she slept some too, then I spent some time with her doing crosswords and reading the papers before getting back to my paperwork.
Foodwise, I enjoyed chicken, chips, peas and gravy for 18SP, that was a late lunch and I didn’t bother with tea when I got home was still fun.  I’m a little addicted to the Co-op chips, I know it’ll pass, just need to get it out of my system.

I’m going to work on a budget meal planner for 1 for a member, although I reckon a good few of my members would welcome it.  A week of cheap, healthy, Weight Watcher friendly meals to help with weight loss.  If you have any suggestions message me or comment on my post.

Omelettes, they’re filling and healthy and you can throw in any veggies you have, especially ones on the verge of walking out the fridge by themselves.

Rice and pasta dishes, as long as the portion size is good are a great, cheap option.

Meat is more expensive than beans and pulses but you can buy a whole chicken for around £3, Asda do a bag of diced chicken breast for £4, that’s 750g, so with man portions that’s at least 3 meals, worth, because it’s frozen you can just leave it until you need it.

If you have a slow cooker, throw in some chicken breasts (Asda’s frozen £5kg or 2 packs of 600g for £5), add a pack of taco seasoning (Asda’s own 80p) and a tin of tomatoes (Asda’s own 35p), leave on low for 6 hours or so and you’ll have shredded chicken at the end of it.  Once you get two forks and shred it apart anyway.  You can do this with chicken and a jar of Dolmio salsa sauce too.

I’m only using Asda as an example as it’s an easy website to navigate, Lidl’s and Aldi, or your local butchers and greengrocers may be even cheaper.

Buy what’s in season too, as that’s always cheaper.  Morrisons are doing Wonky fruit and veg which is much cheaper, let’s be honest who cares about the shape!

Anyway like I said, I haven’t got much time this morning but it’s started my brain thinking for sure, I’ll think more as the day goes by and tomorrow of course.

Frozen beef mince is much cheaper in the Asda than fresh, yes you will pay more for the 5% fat version but that’s down to you to decide if it’s worth the extra cost to save Smart Points.  Chicken or turkey breast mince would be zero Smart Points.

I really have got to go, oh what about banana pancakes, 2 eggs, 1 banana, In a bowl, mix the banana and egg together then add a pinch of salt.

Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Mist with calorie controlled cooking spray. Drop a ladleful of the batter into the pan and swirl. Cook for 2 minutes until golden; _lip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat so you have 4 pancakes.  I use a Teflon pan liner, makes for a much easier cooking experience, it won’t stick to the pan, actually I might have some for breakfast, mmm.

Here’s to a great day, to thinking before we’re eating.  Healthy when hungry, happy when full of healthy food and in control.  Enjoy your Thursday, I know I will.


No comments: