Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 25 May 2018

8,000lbs! My members sure do rock!


25th May 2018
The best way to predict your future is to create it.

I’ve just caught myself whilst checking my facebook on my computer pulling at a couple of hairs that have sprouted overnight from my chin, I imagine I looked like Fagin from Oliver stroking his beard!  You’ve gotta love the aging process or and tweezers, the middle-aged woman’s grooming friend!

Anyway, now I’ve shared that insight into my life with you, everything else will be tame, blinking rain this morning is going through the felt on my summerhouse and coming through the roof inside, I’ve had to move the furniture.  I’m a bit gutted, it’s 6 weeks till my brothers back in the country, so hopefully we won’t have too much rain between now and then.  Actually when it stops I might get up there and put some tarpaulin on it for now, hold it down with some bricks.

I never got to eat my salmon yesterday as it didn’t defrost thoroughly, that’s todays lunch sorted.  Instead I had a tofu thing that I treated myself too, it was 16SP but I really enjoyed it, I wanted to prove that tofu could taste good in a meal and that’s the second ready-made one I’ve tried and it was delicious, shame about the cost and the high smart points of the dish, but now to try and make something myself. 
 
Tanpopo Fried Tofu & Tempura Rice
This one was four pieces of deep fried tofu, red pepper and soy beans on a bed of tempura rice with Teriyaki sauce. And I’m not going to lie it was good, if you like sushi, you’d like this, Japanese food at its best and it even came ready with chopsticks. £5 though, pricey.  The other one I’d had was


Teriyaki Tofu
Barbecued tofu glazed with soy and mirin, served with sushi rice, kamameshi broth and teriyaki sauce.

From memory I think that one was 24 or 25SP, again such a lot but it’s the rice and the sauce that added the points there because Tofu is a zero hero which is the reason I want to play with it, even the flavoured stuff is low in Smart Points, I’ve got a block of Oriental spiced tofu in the fridge that cost me £2 and is 6SP for the entire block, I’m going to see what I can concoct with that. All of it was from Ocado, so I'm assuming Waitrose would see them.

I used to simply scramble mine years ago, take plain tofu, get a masher and mash it up, add a little turmeric for colour which also has anti-inflammatory advantages, then add anything else, so I’d throw in diced spring onions, peppers, mushrooms, and fry with spray light.  You can add any herbs or spices you fancy, it takes on the flavours you add, garlic, paprika, you could use a WW marinade pouch, and it would really fill you up too!

Why eat Tofu?  According to the BBC website Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. It is also an excellent source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1.”

Copied from another website “Due to the phytoestrogen content of soya, many women decide to include soya rich foods like tofu in their diet as they enter the menopause. During the menopause, the body’s natural production of oestrogen stops and symptoms may arise. As phytoestrogens act as a weak oestrogen, they may help relieve symptoms by boosting levels slightly, reducing hot flushes in some women.”

On another website, he’s say you need to get the non GMO version, so you’re looking for GMO free if you’re concerned about health as well as weight loss. 

Anyway enough of this tofu talk.  I’ll have a play and see what I come up with, what I have realised eating those two dishes is I love rice when it’s been cooked Japanese style!   Sushi rice and Tempura rice mmm, shame about the points in it.

Right back to today, it’s been a great week in meetings, one more tomorrow but today is all about catching up around the house, it’s raining outside so they’ll be no sunbathing, I can’t go anywhere because I’m waiting in for deliveries, I did have my bestie coming later for a sleep over but she’s got to work now in the morning, so we’ve had to take a raincheck (very apt considering the weather).

Oh and let’s end on a high, my members have smashed the 8,000lbs target this year already – how amazing is that! 

Here’s to a healthy, happy day BeYOUtiful, whatever the weathers doing, we can stay positive.

No comments: