Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Midweek already...


9th May 2018

90% of success is waking up every day with a little hope and motivation in your heart.




Just about to start my blog and moms decided to get up, I’ll be back in a minute, got to go do the drugs and drink ritual…..



Mid-week already and if you’ve let to step on my scales and you’re a little worried about the effects of the Bank Holiday know that you’re in good company, there were a few gains and maintains going on yesterday but there were also a lot of memories made and fun had.   I however somehow managed a loss, 1.5lb, we’ll skim over the fact I’d gained it the week before.



I had a chicken and lemon dish for my lunch yesterday, it was good but it was 6SP and the piece of chicken wasn’t that big, actually it was half the size of the chicken breasts I buy.  Anyway I was thinking instead I could use the WW lemon marinade from the meeting and made my own herb crusted topping, I’d half the points easily.



I’ve defrosted a bag of liver I think, it was freezer surprise, I wasn’t sure but it feels like liver this morning, I’ll open it when I got down, if it is, I’m thinking liver and onions with mash and peas. 



I need to stop spending money now, I’ve gone a little crazy, dipped into my savings and ordered a fabulous garden set, check out this bad boy;





You might be thinking why so many seats when there’s only two of us, well what I realised over the weekend was mom likes to move around a lot from one part of the garden to another, she likes a little sun but not for too long, so I spent most of the time following her round with her garden chair.  She also struggled to read her papers on her lap and hold her cup of tea.  This indulgence will hopefully last for years, I’m planning to put the corner unit behind the shed so it’ll be in the shade most of the day, she can sit there and look at her tree in full flower at the end of the Month whilst reading her papers or eating her dinner.  It coffee table will go by the house so she can step right out of the door and sit down, enjoy the morning shade or the afternoon sunshine.  I won’t need to be there for her to be able to get out of the house and out of the chair because they're highback.  I am most likely going to put the 2 seater under the tree so she can get some sunshine in the morning / afternoon before moving into the shad.  Not forgetting the benefits for me, I wanted a dining table, I love to eat up the table but there isn’t room in our house which was why I wanted an orangery but I couldn’t truly afford to spend that kind of money (you never know what’s round the corner and I don’t want to get myself in debt) so this is the next best thing, it doesn’t have to be hot to eat outside, just dry, here’s to a long summer hopefully.



The forecast is cooler today, with some rain likely later, I’m going to try and get me a dose of vitamin D before then, got my shopping being delivered this morning so once that’s done and Alfie’s been walked I’ll have me an hour maybe with my crochet hook and my audio book, so glad I treated myself to a year’s subscription for my birthday. 



Healthy food coming in the shopping delivery, some salad, I might have the salad for lunch and save the liver and onions for my tea, a heavy meal before my meetings tonight will make me tired.



Oh and when I finally get some chicken breasts (he’s not had any) I fancy doing an old favourite I’ve not had in a while.



Chicken Fricassee

Serves 2, 6sp per portion
100g brown rice (10sp)
low fat cooking spray
2 x 165g skinless boneless chicken breasts
300ml chicken stock (use 1½ chicken oxo cubes) (1sp)
110g carrots, peeled and cut into thick chunks.
150g button mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
75g low fat soft cheese (2sp)

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain well and leave to cool. Meanwhile, lightly coat a deep, lidded, non stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Add the stock and carrots. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, lightly coat another small non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the juices have been released and evaporated. Add the garlic and rice and cook for a further minute, until hot. Divide between two plates. Remove the chicken and carrots with a slotted spoon, reserving the stock. Place the chicken and carrots on top of the rice. Keep warm. Return the pan with the stock to the hob. Boil quickly for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soft cheese. Pour the sauce over the chicken.

Here’s to a healthy day BeYOUtiful, I haven’t forgot…



#MissionMe #MotivationMay #BevsWW #TheFlexEffect



No comments: