Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 May 2018

I STOMP a lot!

22nd May 2018
If it doesn’t make you feel fabulous: don’t do it, don’t buy it, don’t keep it.

Ooo that alarm, it’s just never welcomed when it gets to ring, I don’t get to hear it very often because I wake up before but not this morning, the one went off, then the other followed as I walked to the bathroom, need to put more than 1 minute between the two I think give me time to turn the second one off.   I’m up and ready for my day, well I will be after my pint of water, my shower, followed by my mug of tea,

I’m sat here thinking, ‘what shall I blog about?’ I didn’t do much yesterday, managed to get a massage on my back in the hope that it’ll ease it, walked the dog twice, sat up the garden with mom and chatted.

Food wise I started my day with eggs and asparagus with toast, then I had this;




It was really tasty for a tofu dish, unfortunately it was 24SP and expensive even with being reduced!

I’m aiming for a stayed the same on the scales today, healthy is on the agenda more so than weight loss, I don’t want to be gaining though. I’m liking this version of me, I have a very healthy glow from sitting in the sunshine, I have a calmer mood from all the chilling and I’m much more relaxed most of the time, it’s helping with the stressful times and even when I do have the bad days, I recover from them quicker and even whilst they’re happening, I’m aware of it.

When mom's being a nightmare, instead of reacting and getting wound up, I use my STOMP technique to cope,

Stop, I pause and 
Take a deep breathe & 
Observe the situation, my thoughts, feelings and my physical response (my body tenses – this is one of the reasons I have back pain), then I
Manage the situation with as much love and calmness as I can and I remain
Patient by reminding myself she doesn’t choose to be this way

Yeah no one chooses to get old, infirm and unable to do things for themselves, I so which I could make her better but as that’s not an option, I can do everything in my power to make things as easy as possible.

I’m going to have a burger today, I’ve fancied one now for a few weeks, they’re in the fridge ready, I do think it’s not going to be as good as I imagine and I’ll be very surprised if it’s as tasty as that aubergine and feta one I tried was, now that was tasty, I wish I could make my own that tasty – maybe that’s what I need to work on, mastering the veggie burger.  I looked at the ingredients in that one and it wa;

Potato, Aubergine (15%), Onion, Lentils, Rapeseed Oil, Feta Cheese (Milk) (6%), Spring Onion, Chickpeas, Sweet Potato, Free Range Whole Egg, Cornflour, Potato Starch, Fortified Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Garlic Purée, Red Chilli Purée, Parsley, Mint, Salt, Cumin Seeds, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (0.3%), Tomato Purée, Ground Cumin, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Coriander, Ground Paprika, Yeast


So it’s all about finding the right combination of potatoes, lentils, chick peas, veggies and seasoning.  Yeah maybe I will, I know I’ve tried before but I haven’t ever read any rules that you’re only allowed to try something once!  They’re a cheap meal if you make them yourself too I reckon. 

I know I can buy them but they come in quite high in Smart Points hence my eagerness to make my own, because the veggies, lentils, chick peas and egg are zero on a No Count day the potato, sweet potato and skimmed milk would be too!

Anyway I have a job to get too, it’s a little cloudy out there but no forecast of rain, that didn’t come yesterday, are we in for a long, hot summer?  I do hope so, although we need rain sometimes for the plants and of course for us!  Make sure you’re drinking your water people, it’s what keeps us alive.

Here’s to a sunshine kind of day BeYOUtiful whatever’s going on in the sky!

No comments: