Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Enjoying being relaxed

15th May 2018
We’re all different, but there’s something kind of fantastic about that isn’t there?


Another day enjoying the glorious weather, I do love being outside and it feels like we’re not at home which is awesome.  I actually feel like a mom at the seaside where she’s having to carry all the bags and do everything.  No sooner has she moved, than she wants to move again and I have to make sure she’s got everything she needs – it’s exhausting lol.  Then she never shuts up talking, teatime I just wanted half hour quite time but no, mom wanted to observe and comment on every inch of that garden and discuss it in a loop :) it’s all good though, I realise I’m not there enough and she was just enjoying the company.  We did have a visit from Angie, she stayed for a couple of hours which mom was pleased about, she likes Angie a lot and we realised my garden is warmer than hers, I think it’s the bricks, the suns bouncing off them ain’t it, proper little sun trap now. I’m a completely different colour to what I was a couple of weeks ago, look like I’ve been on my holidays – I actually feel like I have too.

My hanging baskets were delivered too so it’ll be full of purple Surfinias throughout the summer if I water and look after them!

I had me another reflexology session yesterday, it’s very interesting and clever how it works, I actually said to her at one point when she was doing my feet, “is that bit my knee by any chance?” and it was and I knew because I could feel it in my knee.  I’ve booked for my next one, 3 weeks to wait because of the bank holiday.

Turns out Halloumi wasn’t really worth the points in my opinion, I’d rather have a cheese and onion cob with good strong, mature cheddar, oh and purple asparagus definitely a thumbs down, give me the regular green stuff, it wasn’t cheap either, but I’ve tried it and that’s something else off my list.

My veggie thing today will have to be the saag aloo potatoes that I’m having with my tandoori chicken and salad because the chicken is use by today and I’m looking forward to it. 

If you fancy trying something veggie and new, how about this Weight Watcher recipe for Lentil Saag,

Lentil Saag

Feeds 4, 1SP per serving

A Saag is an Indian-style dish containing spinach. Serve with rice (either basmati or plain long-grain) or eat alone.

Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large Onion, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, crushed
2teaspoons Turmeric
1 teaspoons Curry Powder, garam masala   
2 teaspoons, level Cardamom, Ground, crushed
1 Bay leaf, dry
480g Split Red Lentils, dry
2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cubes (make 1 3/4 pints)
240g Spinach, chopped, frozen


Mist a large saucepan with cooking spray and fry the onion until golden brown.

Stir in the garlic and spices and fry gently for 1 minute, until lightly toasted.

Add the lentils and stock and season well. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are just tender, adding extra stock if the pan becomes dry.

Stir in the chopped spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the spinach is cooked. Season to taste.

Well time to get ready for work, if I get a stayed the same on the scales I’ll be pleased, I’m enjoying being relaxed too much to stress about weight loss, at the moment, I’m watching my weight as the company name suggests.

It’s misty out here this morning but I believe it’s going to clear up and get warm, fingers crossed, I may be at work but the sunshine will still make me smile.  Have a good day BeYOUtiful, smile at everyone, make them think you know a secret xx


No comments: