Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 May 2018

My moms my hero

26th May 2018
Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying


Yesterday morning was spent trying to stop the leaking roof on my summerhouse ruin the furniture inside. So a drive to B&Q, some heavy duty tarpaulin purchased and me up a ladder with my sister passing rocks to me!  I don’t like heights at all I’ve decided, I’m not confident up a ladder but then once I got into it, I forgot I was up the ladder and Anne had to keep reminding me to be careful.  Anyway it was a bonding experience for the two of us so with every bad situation you can find positives and having my big sis come to my rescue on this occasion was mine.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it but moms 80 in July and I think we’ll have a little party in the garden if it’s dry, my brothers flying over too so she’ll be chuffed with that and hopefully my other siblings will be around. It’s Ian’s birthday on the same day so not sure of his plans yet.  Anyway we were watching the NHS Heroes show the other day and I noticed that the NHS is 70 the day before moms 80th, we discussed it and both agreed that it would be a great idea to ask for donations to a justgiving page for moms birthday instead of gifts as there really is nothing she wants or needs and when there is I buy it for her.  After having a mooch on the internet it turns out that the NHS are suggesting we celebrate one of the nation’s most loved institutions with a cup of tea, and they’re asking us to get together to raise a cuppa for our beloved NHS and raise funds for NHS Charities https://nhsbig7tea.co.uk/ I plan to do that too.  I’m sat here smiling because every time I do a charity event I say it’ll be my last!  Erm, then I forget how much effort is involved and I do it again.

Anyways, I know the NHS isn't a charity as such, but we all know it's stretched and if we can help, why not.  We're quick to put our hands in our pockets for other charities and let's be honest this is the one YOU are guaranteed to have used and will need again in the future.  By donating to an NHS charity you're taking care of yourself as well as my mom and everyone you know really.

Wouldn’t it be great if everyone got involved with the NHS Big7tea events up and down the country? 

As for mom, she doesn't need or want for anything so she'd like any birthday gifts to be in the form of cash!  The easiest way to donate is to text BAYF58 £1 or whatever value you want to send to 70070 or click the link and donate via this page.
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/moms80 Her face last night when I told her she’d raised £100 last night was a picture, would it be great if it could get up to £800 for her 80th, to me she’s priceless and it’s been over 3 years since the NHS doctor in Wales saved her life and gave her another few years for which I’m truly grateful.

Anyway, send your text please and then let’s all focus on our healthy so that we don’t have to use the NHS ourselves as often.  We enjoyed salmon yesterday with broccoli and rice, not sure what’s on the menu today, maybe those veggie burgers again because I really, really enjoyed them, I’ll have them without a bap though, save 4sp on the meal.

Here’s to a good day, I think we’re in for a wet bank holiday weekend, such a shame with it being half term for the kids too.  Right I’m off, have a good one, I’m going to catch up with my Saturday crew, here’s to a morning of smiles and celebrations.


No comments: