Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 18 May 2018

Get stuffed! Oops I mean stuffing....

18th May 2018
You will never always be motivated so you must learn to be disciplined.


Why is it when I don’t have to get up, I wake up at silly o’clock, half four this morning, needed the loo then no chance of going back to sleep!  Hey ho, means I can get the office work done and if the weather gets good have a few hours chilling in the garden because I have worked long and hard for the past 3 days – so many new members which is fab of course but means lots of paperwork, more to come tomorrow too.

Anyway the looks on some members faces this week when I’ve mentioned National Vegetarian week has been comical, they don’t look impressed with it at all but let’s not forget egg and chips is one of the best meals ever and that’s veggie.  Okay so I know we’re not all going to go veggie overnight but why is it good to eat less meat, what are the benefits?

You’ll reduce the likelihood for heart disease, fatty red meats and many processed meats are high in saturated fat, which raises LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases the risk of coronary heart disease.  Apparently there’s a meat – cancer connection too!   I’m not going to lie though neither of these two would stop me as I’m all about the balance, everything in moderation.

What about the ‘going green’ aspect, raising cattle for meat and milk spew more greenhouse gases into the air than all the cars currently on the road – WOW!  I’ve just read that eating a plant-based meal for lunch instead of a burger saves 2.5 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions, 133 gallons of water, and 24 square feet of land, that’s impressive.

I’m not going to even get into the obvious – it’s good for the animal thing.

It’s easier than ever to eat veggies, it’s cheaper to eat lentils, grains, veggies and other veggie foods too.

I’m not ready to become a vegetarian any time soon but I do love the idea of me and my members including more veggie foods in our diet if not just for the variety of it all, you could do meatless Mondays, or just now and again try something different. 

How about stuffing them?  You can’t beat a stuffed vegetable, from mushrooms to marrows, they always taste the business when cooked.

Large mushrooms and peppers can be stuffed with all sorts, Philadelphia light or 0% Greek yogurt, diced veggies of choice, a bit of cheese on the top and voila, roast in oven, you have a simple meal.   You could add lentils to the mix and stuff peppers or a butternut squash.  How about sweet potato with feta, olives and sun dried tomatoes, mmm a taste sensation.  Get experimenting, there’s more to a meal than chicken and eggs, help me prove it.  Here’s a recipe to get you started.

Goat’s cheese stuffed mushrooms

Feeds 4, 11sp per serving

4 large Portobello mushrooms (or 8 medium Portobello mushrooms)
1 red onion, chopped
1 tbsp oil (4sp)
25g butter (9sp)
1 garlic clove, crushed
25g fresh breadcrumbs (1sp)
300g can Asda Cannellini Beans, drained
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
150g Goats Cheese, crumbled (19sp)
50g pine nuts (11sp)
Salad, to serve

·         Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Cut off the stems of the mushrooms level with the caps. Chop the stems.
·         Fry the onion in the oil and butter until soft and turning golden. Add the chopped mushroom stems and crushed garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
·         Remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs and cannellini beans. Crush lightly with a fork to break the beans up. Add the thyme, goats cheese and pine nuts and season well.
·         Pile on top of the mushrooms. Put the mushrooms in a roasting tin containing 75ml water. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes. Serve with salad and crusty bread.

Anyway, I’m off to get more water, I’m hoping to be productive this morning so I can rest up later, I’ve woke up tired for sure, glad I’m not going out to work today, I stayed up an hour too long last night, I knew I should’ve gone to bed but my brain was saying nooooo stay awake, the house is finally quiet and this is your time – if I’d used my brain I could’ve had that quiet time this morning.

Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful, remember 12 weeks to make a difference xx

No comments: