Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 26 November 2014

This cold makes me wanna eat!



26th November 2014
People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for!  Be careful where you direct your attention.

Well beef and butternut squash makes for a nice curry, that was last night’s tea, cooked in a Maggi balti bag and served with brown rice, very tasty if a tad hot.  I have to say after my moaning twice about my online Sainsbury’s order, yesterday was exactly as I ordered, so third time lucky!

I’m thinking Actifry chips today, I’ve got a sudden obsession for chip shop chips and curry sauce!  I wonder if I could replicate or if there’s a recipe for chip shop curry sauce, it’s delicious, well I think so at the moment for some idea, but chips and gravy can be quite nice too so that’d be easier to make.

It’s the cold weather, it makes me want something nice and comfort food like.  Yesterday it was my curry for tea and for my lunch I had a bacon and tomato toasted sandwich, skipped breakfast for some reason, oh yeah because I had no bread or mushrooms so didn’t fancy cereal and couldn’t think of anything else to have.

Ooo chicken and chips, homemade with gravy, now you’re talking, I might cook some broccoli to say I’ve had a vegetable!  Or actually I might make soup with the broccoli and take a flask to work later to stop me getting the “I fancy something nice” thoughts. 

Yep can you tell I’ve got my eating head on, luckily it’s not my overeating head, I don’t want loads I just want nom nom food and I can’t decide what.  But it’s all about meat, bread and potatoes I’ve noticed, there’s a pattern forming, I don’t seem interested in vegetables at all.  So I’m having to make myself have some vegetable with each meal, hence the butternut squash in the curry, I had tomatoes with my bacon toastie. 

I’ll start my day with tomatoes on toast I think, that’ll be one of my five a day, I might cook mushrooms as well, normally the thought of mushrooms is mmm but the last few days it’s not at all, the idea is making me pull an odd face I have to admit!  I couldn’t stomach the mince and veggies I put in the slow cooker on Monday yesterday at all, I warmed it up and put it out and left it, then made my bacon toastie.

I know – I’m weird, it’s what I like about myself ;). 

I find this time of year tough especially now it’s getting closer to Christmas, everywhere you turn there’s food or suggestions of food, it’s ridiculous, I’m planning to stay away from supermarkets for as long as possible! Order online as much as possible, then I can resist a good portion of temptation.

If I want a Christmas delivery it’s got to be the 23rd as the 24/25th are all taken!  WOW, luckily we’re not having a Christmas dinner as such, mom wants egg and chips that’ll be easy enough, I will fancy a roast at some point though.

Anyway, I’m waffling and it’s not helping to get my paperwork done at all, so I’m going to go get started.

I’m all for a maintaining December weight wise for me, I’m so impressed by my members right now, they’re are still a lot of them losing, almost 100lb lost yesterday, some have joined my maintenance gang, the fact they’re all still concentrating on their health and happiness is what’s important.

Here’s to a great day BeYOUtiful, healthy and happy all the way.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Before Christmas, we Americans have Thanksgiving (tomorrow) which is all about delicious traditional foods!! Will try not to over indulge and am having kids bring containers to remove most of temptation. Just a taste of each thing will put me way over pp's for the day