Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Please don't buy food gifts this Christmas!



18th November 2014

Mathematics of life.  Life + laughter x love – hate = happiness
 
I love those people who’ve got it sussed!  The experts, you know the ones just eat less and move more, have the odd day off because diets don’t work, they are right diets don’t work because they’re about deprivation which is why I follow the Weight Watchers plan.  If only it was as simple as eating less of the healthy stuff and moving more there would really be that national obesity problem.  This country is in trouble, they’re saying “in crisis” over our weight, it’s quite scary but also sad.

Unfortunately not everyone know what healthy is, the marketing companies confuse them so much that it makes shopping a nightmare, just because it’s in a green box and has cereal written on it doesn’t make it good. 

That’s before we get onto the whole emotional side of eating!  Just because you’ve got it sussed today doesn’t mean you will have next month or next year, life changes, we change and as much as we try to stay healthy and make good choices, it’s not always easy because of where we are emotionally.

I’m pretty lucky in that I’ve as yet never gone back to the place I started in over ten years ago, but I really can feel how easy it would be quite often and that’s why I can empathise with people who do struggle to get to grips with this whole thing.

I walked around the shops yesterday, well they’re a total nightmare at the moment aren’t they with all the Christmas goodies going on, I bought some stuff to use in my meetings this week and took this photo;

26 ProPoints on a plate, that’s how easy it is to consume lots of calories without the quantity, you don’t have to be greedy to be overweight, you just have to eat too much of the wrong foods.  I don’t like to use the word ‘wrong’ when talking about food because there is no right and wrong, no good or bad, it’s always about quantity and balance.

I’m going to make a plea today that we don’t buy each other food as Christmas gifts and by food I mean chocolates/biscuits etc, people would much rather have a £5 gift voucher than a tin of roses or celebrations because if you’ve got a load of that kind of food in your house, it’s going to get eaten and like I shared yesterday, most people are overweight or obese, including 61.9% of adults and 28% of children aged between 2 and 15 in England, estimates that half the UK population will be obese by 2050 "underestimate" the problem, a report claimed back in January of this year. (I couldn’t find the UK stats sorry) and the amount of diabetes is off the scale! 

It’s really tempting to choose food as a gift because there’s so much of it, it’s relatively cheap and it’s packaged really pretty, but seriously if everyone does the same that’s an awful lot of junk in homes throughout the UK.  You may be thinking, they don’t have to eat it all at once, but looking at those stats proves we don’t really have any concept of portion control in this country at the moment.   And it’s too easy to consume, it doesn’t fill you up and I personally believe it’s a bit addictive, I won’t bore you with all the research online but it’s there if you want to google. 

What I’ve realised is the longer I go without the sweet stuff, the less it bothers me and as soon as I have some, I want more!

So who’s up for giving none edible Christmas gifts? 

I am….

Have a great day BeYOUtiful.

No comments: