Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 1 November 2014

Do you want to?

1st November 2014
Note to self: You’ve gotta do this for you, this is for you, this isn’t about anybody else – be aware that you are rare!


So yesterday I spent the day with a bunch of leaders at a training session to help us be better at what we do and of course as always to help our members as much as is possible. 

Now I always love a training session because I’m not just there with my ‘leader’ head on, I’m also there with my ‘member’ head on and after a few group discussions at our table I came away with one question going round and round in my head and that was;

Do you want to? 

Because ultimately you’ve actually got to want to change for change to even have a chance!

So ask yourself is it important enough to you?  I’ve been doing that and I realised that on a Monday it’s usually very important to me but by Friday not so much.  My hormones at the moment are raging up and down so much that they are making a huge difference to whether it’s important to me, so one minute it’s the most important thing in the world to me then the next I’m thinking “stuff it”.  So last night and now I thought about all these different moods and emotions I’ve been having and I’ve come to the conclusion that yes it is important and it does matter to me.  Now I realise it’s not enough to just decide it is important, I have to know why and remember those reasons so here goes;

It’s important for me to lose weight because, firstly I’m not keen on how my body feels at the moment and if I’m totally honest I’m not completely happy with how it looks, I can cover it up and make it look okay but I had to change dresses yesterday morning because I didn’t like how the one looked with me carrying this extra weight, so there’s reason one.  It’s also important for me to lose weight because I want to be setting a good example to my members, I want to be doing it with them, it’ll make me feel like I’m doing a better job.  Then there’s the health implications, my knees are telling me this morning they’re not happy, sitting down all day yesterday did that, so there’s another reason.  I’m sure if I sat and thought longer, I’d be able to come up with more reasons, but they’re enough to be going on with.  What about you?   Why is it important for you to lose weight?

What would I like to achieve with my weight loss?  Mmm initially I’ll be happy to get below that number I saw on Monday, by Christmas half a stone, then I’ll reassess.
What would you like to achieve with your weight loss?

So all that is left for me to do now is to follow the plan because I know I can lose weight whilst continuing to enjoy good food and indulge in a glass or two of wine. 

One other thing I observed yesterday both in and out of that meeting, it seemed to be a bit of a theme throughout my day, was that we all see things differently and you can choose your attitude and choose to see a situation positively or negatively.  Have you noticed there are people who instantly look for the negative, so if I was to do that with my weight gain at the moment it would go something like this;

“Oh what’s the point, I’ve lost weight so many times, I just keep putting it back on, I may as well just be fat and have done, after all that’s what my body seems to want to be and it’s easier.”

Or I can look for the positive and think;

“Well it’s been ten years since I became a leader and it’s taken that long for me to regain this much weight, how great that I’ve managed to keep it all off for ten years and that I’ve only put some of it back on, I’m still nowhere near the size 20 I was when I joined Weight Watchers in 2004!  Well done me!  Even better all it takes is making a few tweaks and getting back into my good habits to get back to where I was, I know I can do it because I’ve done it before!”

I just rewrote the sentence above because I realised I was writing it as if it was someone talking to me rather than me talking to myself, so I was writing “You’ve” instead of “I’ve” mmm interesting, I wonder why I automatically wrote the negative statement as if I was talking to myself but the positive as if it was someone talking to me.  I’m gonna think about that a lot because I’m sure there’s a reason.

Right I have work to do because I didn’t get it done yesterday, I also have some ‘me time’ planned later today before mom and I do what we do best, sit on our bums in front of the TV.  I need to spend half hour planning today’s meals at least, nothing planned yet and I know if I don’t, that’s asking for trouble!   I’m on course for a weight loss Monday and the weekend isn’t going to hinder me!

If you have five minute now and haven’t already done so, ask yourself these questions;

Why is it important for you to lose weight?

What would you like to achieve with your weight loss? 

Let’s refocus BeYOUtiful and do this.

No comments: