Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 24 November 2014

Short & Sweet but relevant!



24th November 2014
There will be many chapters in your life.  Don’t get lost in the one you’re in now.


So it’s a month away from Christmas, is it bad that the only thing about it I’m looking forward to is a week off work, actually that’s not true, I’m looking forward to spending a whole week with my mom and enjoying our version of Christmas. 

This month will go really quickly I’m sure for most of us, there’s always so much going on and so much to get done that it’s easy to put your health and happiness on hold some days, it’s important to make a conscious effort not to go into ‘sod it’ mode too often or you could undo all the hard work you’ve already done this year. 

Let’s enjoy the next month! A bit of what you fancy does you good, balance is what it’s all about, overindulging till you feel yak isn’t the way to go!

I’m off for coffee this morning with a couple of leader friends and if I skip breakfast or make it zero to low ProPoints, I could partake in a bit of something nice whilst there, I’m thinking in cake form!  Then this afternoon I think I’m in charge of a small person for an hour and that may involve McDonalds, so that’ll be lunch, because I know I cannot go in there and order a black coffee, I have a case of McD tourettes, I go in thinking, happy meal, happy meal, happy meal.  I get to the counter and say, “can I have a happy, erm Big Mac Meal please!”  When the say, ‘would you like to go large’, I shake my head from side to side and spurt out “YEAH go one then!”

No self control in that place at all I’m afraid, I just try to stay away as that’s the only way I can resist!

Know your limitations I say…

And on those occasions that you forget them and go crazy, just wake up the next day, smile and start afresh.

It’s a glorious morning out there, sunrise is just beautiful and there’s a frost, so the noise of neighbours scraping the cars was what woke me up this morning!

So here’s to Cake and Christmas and to a balanced approach to healthy and happy, if it makes you happy and it’s not making you Unhealthy, then let’s enjoy and give ourselves a break as often as we need too.  This is a forever thing remember…


No comments: