Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Don't delay.....



11th November 2014
When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal, you do not change your decision to get there. Zig Ziglar


Ok, I need to put my ‘a bit further’ neck in or I’m gonna pull something!  Yesterday morning because I hadn’t got to be anywhere, the paperwork I had all day to complete, I decided to have a good walk, get my Fitbit week off to a good start, it was such a lovely day out there I just carried on walking didn’t really look to see how far I’d gone, I’m very lucky to live next to farmers fields which make you think you’re in the countryside even when you’re not and I really enjoyed it, when I looked to see how far I’d gone it was over 8km so I decided to make it the 10km before arriving home, it felt good.  I still got all my paperwork done and cooked a nice lunch, I even looked for opportunities to fit in a few more steps before the end of the day, popped to deliver something rather than letting them pick it up, had a walk round the block at teatime with mom and the dog.  It was almost time for bed when I realised I was my fitbit said 19,906, I decided to walk about the house until it said the 20, yes their a little bit compulsive these things!

So anyway changing the subject because I’m aware I’m becoming Fitbit bore!  I had a chat on the phone with a lovely lady who’s going come back to the meeting after Christmas!  We chatted and after the call I got to thinking and my conclusion was there will never be a good time to start, it might be a night out this weekend or a meal with friends, then Christmas is almost here, in January the cupboards are full of junk from Christmas, then it's almost Easter.  Of course don’t forget your summer holidays or all those birthdays, and before you know it another year has passed and you’re still overweight, possibly heavier.

It's called Weight Watchers not Weight Losers for a reason, it's about changing your relationship with food for good!  Weight Loss is for life not just for Christmas – so if you’re delaying, don’t - start today.

It’s not about perfection, gosh if it was – I’d be stuffed!  I love eating, I love drinking too, so I’ve learned to give myself a break whenever I go overboard, give myself permission to eat anything I want (it loses its appeal after a while – honest), and give it my best whenever I can, hence the crazy 20,000 steps on my Fitbit yesterday which earned me ten Activity ProPoints, that I then spent on a glass of wine and a bit of chicken skin!  That’s still better than not earning them, but drinking the wine anyway – it’s all about progress not perfection.  The choices you make this month will show on the scales next month, and we all know next month will be tougher with Christmas so it’s best to get some practice in.

I’m not being perfect, but I am improving, one step at a time, this month moving more is my focus as well as 3 meals a day and no rubbish in the house which was last month’s focus and it’s continued over. Small realistic improvements is key, do what you can when you can and when you can’t enjoy whatever it is you’re doing, don’t deal out the guilt cards, that will just send you spiralling out of control because it creates a vicious cycle, enjoy and move on.

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, do what you can to make good choices.  


No comments: