Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Love seeing the people round me getting healthy & happy!



19th November 2014
If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan but never the goal!

Skinning a chicken before 5am and having a casserole in the slow cooker is dedication to a healthy and happy lifestyle – I’m just saying!  My eyes are now onion watery but I’m happy because I know I’ll come home lunchtime to the smell of chicken casserole as I open the front door, it’s almost like someone else has cooked it! 

Well yesterday was a great day, Jane (one of my Tuesday morning members) finally achieved her goal, this last pound has eluded her for weeks, then yesterday she lost 2lb, which meant a total weight loss of 155lb, just incredible, she’s officially half the woman she was because she’s lost half of her body weight.  There were tears as she stood there and shared her story, very moving especially as it started when she was a child, but shows that you can do it when you’re ready.

Mom has also been at her goal 10 years this week, what an incredible lady she is, overweight again for years she finally achieved her goal in 2004 at the age of 66, proving age is nothing but a number and she’s stayed within 5lb of that goal ever since – amazing.
Speaking of ten years, 10 years ago on the 19th November I drove down to Bristol to do my weekend workshop to become a Weight Watcher leader, I’d been having in-meeting training up until then, the workshop was to put it all together, then it was another couple of weeks, the 7th December when I passed my final assessment in the meeting I had lost my weight.  Been an amazing, emotional 10 years, it really has.

So 5 weeks tomorrow is Christmas Day, I know I shouldn’t harp one about it but I think it does consume us a little everywhere we go, it even gives some people an excuse to stop taking care of themselves and think, “I’ll start again in January”, that’s 6 weeks away, do you have any idea the damage you can do in 6 weeks if you stop thinking about your health and happiness completely!  It’s not even that it’s because you’re having a good time, it may be because you have so much to do, presents to buy, shopping trips etc and that’s so time consuming that you take a back seat = not good!

Yesterday lunchtime when I left my venue it would have been so easy for me to not go on my walk, I even had an internal conversation with myself, “oh I’ve got loads to do and I’m already on nearly 5,000 steps, I’ll be near enough to the 10k by the end of the day without the walk!”  Then I carried on that conversation realising it actually makes me feel good and it’s helping me get healthier so I should go, I could still fit everything else into my day with a bit of organising and planning.  The decider was that flipping fitbit, I knew if I didn’t go, it would know and would tell everybody, so I walked in, put on my boots and went for my walk and I really enjoyed the fresh air. 

This walking lark seems to be helping in more ways than I expected, my aches and pains aren’t quite as bad as they usually are, my sleeps improving, my moods lifting and for where I am on my monthly cycle (I’ve just checked on my chart – my memory needs help these days!) that’s a bit of a miracle!

So yep this healthy lark does contribute to the happy too.  My fridge is full of Filling & Healthy foods and because I know I struggle to resist temptation there isn’t any of the junk in my kitchen, that way I don’t have to ‘be strong’!

Right time to get on with my day, here’s to a great one, hope yours is awesome too.  Healthy and Happy BeYOUtiful remember!

No comments: