Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Gonna be busy, busy, busy....



25th November 2014
Most people are searching for happiness outside of themselves.  That’s a fundamental mistake.  Happiness is something you are, and it comes from the way you think.


Spent most of yesterday out of the house, didn’t get back till almost 6, out and about and unfortunately didn’t get much on my fitbit, so now I’m in deficit because this weeks challenge between me and my bestie is 70,000 over the week, and yesterday I only clocked up just over 4,000 and I’ve got a crazy busy week so I think we may have been being adventurous with that target, especially as I’m at a conference all day Sunday so won’t be moving far!  I’ll do my best to get as many steps in as I can, as long as I’m doing what I can, that’s good enough for me!

So I enjoyed my big mac and fries, all 26pp of them, and I watched the kid eat a chicken nugget SHARE box, apparently he hasn’t grasped the concept of the word share quite yet, I did get to taste a nugget though and they are truly vile, my first response was they have never seen a chicken!  But I’ve looked at the ingredients and they are made from chicken breast, ground up with flavourings and covered in a batter - not for me thankfully, especially at 23pp per share box
Oh and if you’ve seen that pink mixture image on Facebook that’s not what they use, this article explains how they’re made if you’re interested http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2551238/McDonalds-reveal-EXACTLY-chicken-nuggets-note-not-pink-goop.html

There was no cake in Sainsbury’s, I changed my mind when I got there, I fancied a jacket potato but they weren’t serving them at 11am, so I settled for coffee.   However I sat facing a huge board in the café that had fish and chips on it and they were telling you how the fish is made there, well by the time I left there it was almost 1pm, I hadn’t had any breakfast or lunch and I was getting hungry, guess where I ended up!  Yep a chip shop!  Guess what I bought!  Fish and Chips, the mini variety in a tray for £2 and I left most of the batter because guess what….  I don’t actually like batter but I had sat staring at that advert so long, it had me convinced maybe I do like it now.  I don’t, it’s greasy and horrible underneath the initial crunch, the chips however were divine and even better because there was only about 12pp worth so they didn’t completely mess up my day.  Those were the only two meals I ate all day thankfully but still came in at 26pp for the Maccy’s and I’m going to put 20pp for the fish and chips as it was a mini fish and the batter mostly went in the bin.

Temptations is a nightmare isn’t it, that subliminal messaging is scary, I couldn’t understand what made me order fish and chips at first until I thought about it.

I did attempt to have a decent meal yesterday, I put the slow cooker on before I left on the morning with mince and lots of veggies but I never got round to eating any so that’s today’s dinner sorted which is a bonus as it is going to be a busy week.

To say I’ve had almost 8 hours sleep, I couldn’t believe it was morning when I woke up, went far too quickly, I must make sure I have early nights this week so I’m not shattered by the weekend.  My main helper Sharon’s on her holiday this week and that makes for more work for me, I hope she’s having a lovely break of course but I still miss everything she gets done for me, she’s invaluable, she really is.

So this week’s meals from now are all about the quick and simple because I’m going to be time poor, I’m thinking beans on toast, jacket potatoes, Actifry chips, eggs – that should keep costs down too.  I’ve got my shopping coming today and I think I ordered a chicken so we could have roast chicken too, the leftovers will make nice sandwiches. 

I need to make the rest of the week a healthy week to make up for the fast food yesterday, so here’s to a nutritious day, I wonder if that’s why I was so tired when I went to bed early last night?  I hadn’t seen a vegetable all day, that’s not good is it!

Lots of water, fruit and vegetables today, need some nutritional balance back and hopefully some energy.

Have a great one BeYOUtiful.


No comments: