Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Can't beat egg and chips!



12th November 2014
Be there for others but never leave yourself behind. Dodinsky

Well I’ve slept like a log again and I’ve accepted my Fitbit addictiveness as a true condition and I’m working on a solution, I’ve realised as great as clocking up steps on it are and as much as I enjoy walking on my own, I need to build up gradually or I’m going to have shin splints!  Yesterday morning I ended up going out before work and the plan was 30 minutes but I ended up doing 5k which took me about 50 minutes and after the 2 hours I’d done the day before, I think it might have been too much too soon, so I’m going to listen to my body, or more accurately my shins and build up ;0) enjoying the solitude of the walking though I have to say and I will be going this morning, before my shower rather than after so I only have to do my hair once!

I made chips yesterday, they’re moms favourite and because we have an Actifry they’re a relatively healthy choice, I weighed them to show how different they look after they’ve been cooked from a weight point of view, they almost half in total weight as you can see;

 742g potato, 7 potatoes
 this is what they look like chopped up
 this is how they came out of the actifry 396g chips
 this is half of them on a plate.

This is why watching portion sizes is so important, it’s too easy to put more on to cook, or more on the plate, I know I have an enormous appetite and the bigger the plate, the more food I’d put on it and once it’s on the plate, I’m eating it!  So if like me you’re a big greedy, maybe start watching your portion sizes a little more accurately. 

Ooo I appear to have empty head syndrome this morning, not much going on up there at all!

Yep it really is empty, it’s managed to function enough to make a cup of tea, take a couple of pieces of salmon out of the freezer for lunch, we’ll have that with rice and Mediterranean vegetables.  I’m using up everything in the freezer and cupboard as I can’t go shopping until my replacement credit card arrives, I had to cancel them all last week (long story – but sorted), it’s been weird not spending any money at all for a week, I’ve gone to so many times online, to make a donation to something via a link on facebook, then yesterday my pre-order download for Pink Floyd was available on itunes and it wouldn’t download because my card was no longer in use.  It’s bizarre, but at the same time it’s been good to make me realise I can live without or do without some things.  Other than fresh fruit and vegetables, bread and milk I reckon I could stay out of the shops for at least another week, maybe I will, run it all down in the lead up to Christmas. 

Oh there’s that word, it’s so much more than a word though isn’t it Christmas, it’s a complete nightmare for some and a magical time for others, we look forward to it and dread it at the same time.  All the temptation, the cost, the presents and the fact that people actually share love which maybe they don’t make the effort to at other times of the year.  Yeah I’m really looking forward to Christmas this year because for me it’s going to be a rest, we’re going nowhere and doing nothing, can’t wait.  My first week off work of the year and I plan to do not much, my mom has requested egg and chips for Christmas dinner which I’m more than happy to provide. 

But that’s still 6 weeks away and we still have time to lose a few pounds which is why I shall be going for a walk in a moment, not just for the hope of weight loss but because it’s doing my mental and physical health the world of good.

Here’s to a great day, mid week already, I’m looking forward to catching up with my bestie on Friday, we’re both so busy and live so far apart we’re not getting to see each other so much these days.

Enjoy the moment BeYOUtiful xx

No comments: