Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 23 November 2014

Happy Sunday all!



23rd November 2014
Make sure your worst enemy is not living between your own two ears!


Internal conversations – they can be a killer can’t they!  You’re usually your own biggest critic and it can really be a dangerous negative committee that meets up inside your head, so take some time out to pay attention to what’s being said because you might find that you need to tell those thoughts to shut up and sit down!

I ended up doing nothing at all yesterday other than watching a boxset I’d ordered from Amazon, I thoroughly enjoyed sitting down, chilling, taking time out and watching some easy watching tv.  Oh but it took some time to shutter the inner chatter up I have to say, there was quite the debate going on up there for a while.  It was along the lines of, “you’ve got so much stuff you could be doing and here you are sitting being lazy!”, “the house needs cleaning”, “You still have paperwork you could be doing and things you need to learn”, “you haven’t been for a walk for 2 days, your fitbit things you’ve broke your leg and all your fitbit friends think you’re a lazy cow”, “you’ll never lose any weight sitting on your backside watching tv will ya”, “you keep saying you’re going to read a book but no here you are watching trash tv”.

I had to convince myself it was absolutely OKAY to sit on my backside if I wanted to after I’d worked a good 40+ hour week, that it’s up to me how I spend my downtown, and if I don’t’ want to do anything that’s absolutely fine.  And after an hour I was good, I’d shut that inner voice up and enjoyed my tv.  I know the next time I decide to have a lazy day, that voice will be there again and we’ll go through the motions!

Think for a minute of all the internal chatter that goes on in your head….

It can be a scary place, you can have some mean thoughts about yourself and when you listen and acknowledge those thoughts, it really hits home.  Being more mindful of the thoughts we have gives us the opportunity to change them.

Just imagine for a moment if you had a friend who followed you round 24/7 telling your stuff like;

“you’re so fat”, “you can’t do this”, “you’re hopeless”, “you’re lazy”, “you’re going to fail again”.

You’d probably tell that friend to go away (and that’s me being polite) so let’s stop our own negative thoughts get in the way of our success!

I’d much rather have an understanding, supportive, positive friend following me round or inside my own mind saying stuff like;

“Let’s do this”, “you are awesome”, “you will succeed”, “you’re having a day off, enjoy it, it’s ok”, “this time you are going to do this”.

Oh just typing that, I feel better immediately, imagine thinking that way all the time, every time a negative appears, it gets slapped down with a positive.

So yes I did chill out all day yesterday and that means I’ve woken up today feeling recharged and ready to do something, so here’s to me going and having a great day, you doing to do the same or you gonna enjoy relaxing?  Either is absolutely fine, enjoy. Xx

Healthy & Happy BeYOUtiful.

No comments: