Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 2 November 2014

Ready to turn the page and write a new ending...



2nd November 2014
Sometimes we have to let go of what’s killing us, even if it’s killing us to let go.


That quote just caught my attention on Facebook and it probably can be used in plenty of situations but overeating is most definitely one I think.  When we’re in the process of overeating we very rarely think of the long term effect it’s having on our body or our mental health come to that. I have so many members join my meetings because they are unhappy and they say the reason is because they’re overweight.  I’ve realised its time I regularly acknowledge with myself the health implications of carrying excess weight because I don’t want the stomach problems my mom has, I don’t my back/joint problems to get worse because I’m carrying excess weight.  I want to do everything I can to keep this body moving and as pain free as possible.

So yesterday I decided after doing the bit of paperwork that had to be done, would be a work free day (unlike today!) I got it all done by 10am, and I had a massage booked for 12 to help make all those back/joint problems feel better.  Now my usual Saturday routine would go something like this;

Blog - Breakfast – WW stuff – massage – Co-op – buy something quick to eat that wasn’t going to help my weight loss – eat quick food - tv – wine – bed.

That’s more or less my Saturdays if I’ve nothing planned and I love them except for the having a lazy meal because by the afternoon I’m too tired to cook despite the fact I’ve planned on the morning to cook something, it very rarely transcribes. My morning brain is totally different from my afternoon brain, in the morning I have high expectations of myself and I believe I’m up to it, so I plan a tea that needs cooking and I think to myself it won’t take long to make that when I get back then I can relax afterwards.  However my afternoon brain has just lay on a massage couch for 90 minutes and is thinking how chilled and relaxed I’m feeling and how I just want to go home and continue the relaxing because I’ve had a really busy week so wouldn’t it be easy to just nip in the co-op and pick something up instead. 

Anyone relate to that?  So yesterday I changed my usual routine because I’ve finally realised and accepted if I want a different outcome, I’ve got to do something differently!  So my day went like this instead.

Blog - Breakfast – WW stuff – prepared meal ready to just turn oven and rings on – walked instead of drove to massage – massage - walked home from massage – finished off cooking meal – ate delicious tea - tv – wine – bed.

Yep I made changes and boy did I feel better for having done it. Not only was my meal delicious, it saved me £20 because that’s usually how much I waste in the Co-op on stuff I didn’t need.  By preparing all the food for my meal before I went out all I had to do was turn the cooker on, that was a lot easier than starting to peel potatoes and chop onions.  I also clocked up over 10,000 steps on my pedometer, last Saturday was only 4,000, the week before even less according to my fitbit, so adding those steps meant I got some fresh air too, I even detoured and enjoyed a stroll through the farmers fields, can’t beat a bit of Vitamin D at this time of year.

Realising you can’t always change how you feel is so important, no matter what I do, short of giving up my job (which isn’t happening,) I’m always going to be shattered on a Saturday afternoon if I’ve worked a good long week, that will be made more evident after a massage and I don’t want to give that up either.  So I need to change my behaviour around the mood or the feeling. 

I know when my hormones are kicking in and controlling my moods which they really are, I just go into “I don’t care what I weigh” mode and that version of me can be dangerous if there’s goodies in the house, so to help that I’ve not got any goodies in my house.  If hormonal bitch wants to undo all the good work I’ve done that month, she’s doing it on low calories brown bread and Weight Watcher spread because they’re ain’t much else around for her to consume!  Oh yeah I may not be completely in control on those days but I’ll do everything in my power prior to the moody cows arrival to limit the damage she wants to do.

That’s my plan for this week, to observe my behaviour and see what needs to be tweaked to help me get the results I really want to see on the scales.

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got!  Time to change our relationship with food forever, don’t you agree.You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one!

Here’s to a great Sunday, and another opportunity to identify things I do and ways I behave that I can change.

No comments: