Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 15 October 2022

Unexpected treat out - nice!

Saturday 15th October 2022
You can't beat a lie in (if you can get one!)


Well, this Friday night made up for last Friday night when we couldn't find anywhere for Aryn to play pool with his dad.  We went to the Wheatsheaf and they had half a dozen games then we had planned on eating there but there was a private function on until 7 and it wasn't even 5 yet, so we checked the Malt (still not eaten there) and it had no tables, so he suggested Miller and Carter in Cannock and I had a quick look on line and it was fully booked from 5.45 onwards but YAY there was space at 5.30pm and we just made it.  What a treat, I was driving so no wine for me but bless him, he did say if I wanted to indulge, we could leave the car and he'd drive me to pick it up in the morning, but I didn't mind, it meant I had room for dessert which I wouldn't have had with a belly full of wine.  

Chicken wings for starter, we shared the butchers block for main, oh my that fillet of steak was divine and then we had expresso tiramisu for afters, Aryn had banoffee pie for his dessert and he opted for the pork for main and the bao bun for starters, I love that he wants to try different things, he also had a side of ratatouille.  My tastebuds must have changed because the onion loaf was too oily for me, I've never been a batter fan though, but the lettuce wedges as always didn't disappoint, they do mean fries too, because let's be honest not everywhere can cook a chip these days!  Thankfully I hadn't eaten since breakfast so there was plenty of room in my belly, I did give away a couple of wings and fries though, none of it went to waste but my belly wasn't quite big enough for all that food.  

I tried to explain that there's a separate belly for pudding, but he was having none of it!  I found proof on google, there actually is...


If you google it, there's lots and lots of info on the science behind it.

The fact the meal was totally spontaneous made it even more special, those kinds of memories are great - the snoring, tossing and turning from himself all night, not so special lol, too much Guinness, meat and food in general, the fact I was stone cold sober didn't help that situation, normally I'll fall asleep regardless, but it took a little longer and it was more unsettled.  I can't moan, cos I snore like a bear, Aryn said Thursday night he could hear me from his room! 

I'd enjoyed the rest of my day too before they arrived home, I went for my swim, did 34 lengths, so in total I did 3.3km or just over 2m over the week.  Then I wrapped up the first of the Christmas gifts I've bought this year, yep, it's officially my countdown to Christmas, 10 weeks today, you can keep your scary Halloween, each to their own but I like not to be scared.  I need to find somewhere to put the stuff I wrap; this house isn't so big now there's lots of people in it.  I am really looking forward to Christmas this year though, the pain of losing mom isn't so strong and it was the first without her last year and the first with my boys, so it'll be even better because Aryn will get to be part of the run up, it was all new to him last year, he'd not long met me.  Yep, it's gonna be awesome. 

Coco has just decided to come sit across my laptop, he's not completely comfortable yet as his claws are just sticking out a little, he soon jumped off when I went to move my laptop as he was about to delete all my words and we can't have that!  

It's 5.30am now, I gave up an hour ago on trying to get some sleep, I wasn't born to survive in 6inches of the bed, I'm not built that way and he's turned into a gorilla sleeping in the starfish position in the night, honestly that's truly love that is!  He starts dreaming and the arms start to flail, then he decides his leg should be locking you down in case you try to escape, all this whilst he's snoring away in wonderland.

you get the gist!

Right, I need caffeine this morning and I'll be needing wine later, I'd even bought food for tea last night so at least we have food, although I don't fancy more beef.  There are pizzas in the freezer we can make, I'm gonna get them out I think, then they have to be eaten once defrosted, ooo yeah, that sounds like a plan.  

Looking forward to my morning with the huddle, hope to see lots of you.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x






No comments: