Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 10 October 2022

Today is World Mental Health Day

Monday 10th October 2023
You can't pour from an empty cup.


4am seems to be my wake-up time these days, although I did manage 5ish yesterday, but at least I'm in sync with Minnie the loony cat, I'm dreading the clocks going back at the end of the month, cos I don't want a few weeks of 3am nutty cats and wake up.

Today is World Mental Health Day, apparently one in four of us will experience a mental health problem throughout our lives. Whether that’s you, your parent, sibling, best friend or co-worker, but according to Mind charity most of us don’t get the help we need, and this has to change.  Having said that, so many things need to be changed in this country at the moment, but I can't be doing with getting political and deep at 5am on a Monday morning.

Aryn's school are doing #HelloYellow to show young people there not alone with their mental health, they're being encouraged to wear yellow - I was shocked when he agreed to wear a yellow t-shirt, this is a kid who lives in black joggers and black t-shirts!  I like the idea of wearing bright colours, it's really to easy to opt for the blacks, browns and greys isn't it, especially when you're overweight and trying to pretend not to be!

Back to mental health, how can we protect our own, Mental Health UK are suggesting we take part in a  'Prioritise Mental Health' activity, mmm, what could that be?  I think swimming is helping mine, I'm taking time out for me, and I don't think about anything when I'm there, I just count the lengths I swim.  It's things like going for a walk at lunchtime or catching up for a coffee with a friend, these things matter, we can become closed off when things get difficult and that's when our mental health starts to suffer.  

I've just had an email Your mind plan (www.nhs.uk) might be worth a nosey, I've just followed the link and answered the questions, there's only 5, it's reminded me about hobby's, I need to get my crochet back out as I've stopped doing that, I just watched tele at night.  Although I have started my reading again so that's a start, I'll get my crochet out later, hopefully I'll remember how to because I haven't touched it for well over a year.

And of course our diet and mental health are linked, food really does affect our mood!  I think we'll look at this in our huddles this week, I've not done too badly this weekend, we had omelette yesterday, I added spinach and onions to mine, yes there was bacon on the plate too, but at least I had tomatoes. 


Dinner was a chicken wrap with salad, my downfall there was the chicken skin, I cooked it in the ninja, maybe next time I use the pressure cooker lid so the skin is crap, or the slow cooker because that does make a damn good chicken without me eating the skin.

We had lamb chops Saturday with mash and veggies, they were delicious, so this week I'm going to have some salmon, because I've not had oily fish for a while, and we're supposed to eat it twice a week!  I'm thinking beans on toast too, I'm not going shopping because I'm skint, so freezer food it is, hell that's what it's there for isn't it.

Right, I'm going to have me a cuppa, I tend to have two cups a day and both in the morning, occasionally I'll have a drink at work, but I've cut back loads because that can affect your sleep patterns can't it.  Thankfully I'm not tired, I'm going for my swim and then I'm going to attack the housework because apparently himself just leaves things where he puts them, and I asked Aryn to hoover for me yesterday and it appears I wasn't specific enough with what day I'd like that to happen on!  Coco the crazy cat had yesterday somehow managed to remove the litter tray hood and had thrown the cat litter around the spare room like confetti - bless his little cotton socks - NOT!  It did make me laugh though, thankfully the floors laminate so was easy to get up.

Today, take a little time for yourself - easier said than done I know, make sure this week you put aside an hour to come to your huddle, some you time.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 











No comments: