Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 15 April 2021

Turrah mom xx

Thursday 15th April 2021
Don't count the days, make the days count 



It's gonna be a strange day I reckon!  Woke up remembering mom's being cremated today, no service, we shall all say our goodbyes from home, no doubt my sister will nip round and we'll probably cry at some point after laughing and singing.  I'm listening to her playlist on my Alexa, she had excellent taste in music. 

Facebook has just reminded me its 11 years today since we collected Alfie, he was 3 months old and this tiny bundle of scrumptiousness, he walked away from all his doggy family and his owners sweet as and sat in moms arms in the car sweet as and he settled straight away and has always been an equal mix of a good boy and a complete nightmare that rules this house!  He's a proper old man most of the time now but he still has his bursts of energy, oh and he's as stubborn as hell - proper Longsden then!

Yesterday was productive, I stripped more on the living room, I only have one wall left and it's the one with the window in it - happy days, I'm going to do that today whilst singing my heart out.  Foodwise mmm, because I'd done all that work and my 10,000 steps I enjoyed my own take on a big mac quarter pounder and I have to say it was banging, 


I'd watched a YouTube video showing, hold on I'll find it...


This one, it's Miguel Barclay's take on the Big Mac for a pound, I used 15% fat mince because it was what I had in the freezer, be tempted to see what it's like with 5% mince as that knocks the calories down by over 100, they were lush though.  I made my own sauce using low fat mayo, cool mustard and tomato ketchup all mixed together, it wasn't quite maccy's sauce but it was okay, I need some maccys sauce in my life and my sweet and sour stash is going down too, bloody love that stuff with my frozen chips.  Anyway, I diced some onion, shredded some lettuce, sliced my gherkins and toasted my buns in the frying pan before cooking the burgers.  As in the video the burger was just meat, and once I'd cooked one side and flipped it, I sprinkled a little salt and pepper on it and they were delicious.  Now I know people say maccy's ain't all that, but they use 100% forequarter and flank beef in their burgers and I bloody love em but I have to say mine was as good, the buns were the main difference, the big mac bun has a soft texture all of it's own.  I'm a connoisseur!  Next time I'd make the burger a little thinner, I'd used 125g beef mince in each burger, Alfie had the other half of the packet, it was a whoopsie, bargain human/dog food!  

I'd had a light breakfast so had the calories but not gonna lie, I enjoyed a drink about half eight and couldn't resist the monster munch giants I'd treated myself too, they were gonna be for the weekend but they've gone now lol, I've woke up another half pound lighter than yesterday so I ain't complaining! The Noom app I'm playing with asks you to weigh daily which I have no problem with as the scales don't rule my world anymore, they are just one indicator of my success, being active, being happy, listening to personal development again are all other indicators of success that are more important. 

Anyway, here's to making today a good one, hoping the sun shines all day in memory of mom because she was like sunshine, wishing my brother could've been here (fkin Covid) but when he can be, we will remember her and have our own wake in her garden under her laburnam tree.  

i've got an exciting future to look forward too, there's our Be Happy Owls huddles coming soon (inbox me if you need info), my UW business and a life to be enjoyed with no ties other than Alfie doodle. 

Life it good 💜

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: