Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 12 April 2021

Here's to a shiny happy Monday!

Monday 12th April 2021
Monday's are just mini new years!


It's a bit nippy this morning, just been up the garden with Alfie, I have to police the garden now in case the foxes are out when he goes up there!  My fox this year has a junk food issue, maccy d wrappers everywhere the other day, pizza slice buried yesterday in the new bloody hole they've started digging, I've filled that one back in, they're not having a tunnel going all the way under my summer house and coming out the other side, I draw the line.  Mainly because Alfie could get stuck in that one, he can't get down the side of the summerhouse so that holes not an issue.  

tut tut!

I seemed busy yesterday doing this and that, it was 2pm before I even realised, Alfie and I enjoyed a couple of walks, he meandered round the park, said hello to lots of his dog pals, he was a happy little lad and he slept like a log as did I.

Food wise, I enjoyed this packet of smoked salmon £2 for 100g and it did my breakfast and tea, 
For breakfast I had it with scrambled egg in taco shells, it was delicious, 400 calories.  I've had those shells for months in my bread bin now, just looked on my blog and January 3rd was the last time I ate tacos!  On further checking the packet was opened in September 2020 - wow who knew they'd still taste the same as they did back then, makes you wonder what's in them doesn't it!  I've just looked and the only ingredients are Corn Flour, High Oleic Sunflower Oil (27%), good to know they keep though as I really like them but never want to eat the whole packet.


Because I'd let time get away with me, it was past dinner time when I thought about food, by then I was hungry, I remembered I had some peppered steaks Bonnie has treated me too, but I'm not a fan of peppercorn so I scrapped the coating off and fried it for Alfie and I to share, I was just gonna throw it on a sandwich with a large mushroom fried, but then made myself add salad to bulk it up, glad i did, good to know I'm eating better.  The steak was delicious, 450 calories total, I'll balance that red meat out today with something healthier, ooh I could do meat free Monday, does meat free mean fish free too?  


My tea was this lovely plate of food using the rest of the salmon, some low fat salad cream and I do love an olive. 335 calories.

I did eat a packet of cheese and onion crisps, there's one bag left, then that's them gone and they won't be replaced.

Listening to Radio 2, it's the day the country opens back up a little more isn't it, just looked on the bbc and this is what we can do as of today:

What are the rules in England? Stage two (from 12 April):

More businesses will open, but indoor settings should be visited alone, or with household groups. Outside, six people or two households can meet.

All shops allowed to open
Hairdressers, beauty salons and other close-contact services can open
Restaurants and pubs allowed to serve food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors
Gyms and spas can reopen, as can zoos, theme parks, libraries and community centres
Members of the same household can take a holiday in England in self-contained accommodation
Non-essential journeys between England and Wales are allowed
Weddings - up to 15 people
Funerals - up to 30 people, with 15 at wakes
Children will be able to attend any indoor children's activity
Care home visitors will increase to two per resident
Driving lessons can resume, with driving tests restarting on 22 April

What you planning on doing?  I'm in no rush, I'll let everyone else go shopping and I'll skip the gym, happy walking Alfie for now.  Mom's being cremated on Thursday and I'm relieved that we don't have to go through with a service, I can just have some time alone to think about her like I do most days anyway, maybe it should be the day we eat biscuits lol.  Nah, this house is a biscuit free zone now.

I've got stuff to do today, getting our future sorted, mine and Elle's that is, back to work from today with UW, time to start again, so if you want an appointment give me a shout, let me save you some money, I love my cashback card and how it brings my bill down every more, I love having one bill rather than 4 even more, it really helps my finances.  I shall mostly be printing stuff out today for our other venture and sorting out public liability insurance, it's all getting real, roll on the next stage of coming out of lockdown, that's the one we're looking forward too, it'll be all systems go then for us and Be Happy Owls Huddles will be a reality - cannot wait!  If you want to know more, feel free to message me. 

It's trying to snow out there, so I'm feeling another cuppa, what shall I eat today, I like the idea of meat free monday, maybe eggs on toast for breakfast, cauliflower cheese for dinner and I've got some veggie finger things in the freezer, they'll be tasty. Ooo I'm excited to eat now, I've just found this website www.meatfreemondays.com might try one of their recipes next Monday and do it again.  

Golden Syrup Broccoli Noodles - Meat Free Monday (meatfreemondays.com) sounds nice and Julie B posted on facebook tins of Banana Blossom which I'd never heard of but here's a recipe for them too Banana Blossom 'Fishless' Potato Cakes - Meat Free Monday (meatfreemondays.com) 

Right I'm off or I'll have another day that disappears in front of me! 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x 






  • No comments: