Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Here's to a terrific Tuesday

Tuesday 13th April 2021
Surround yourself with people who get it!



Meat free Monday went well until about 8ish when I got peckish and had a fancying for the tub of grey peas in the freezer, so Alfie and I shared them, they were delicious though, he enjoyed his so much he's slept on his bed in the living ever since, didn't even follow me up to bed last night bless him.  He's a sad little boy somedays at the moment, he's grieving too isn't he, he confused all of a sudden mom's not here and there are no biscuits, he's probably having sugar withdrawal!

The rest of my meals looked like this, all very simple yesterday; 

 
mushrooms on toast for breakfast and banana and melon with natural yogurt.  327 calories.

egg whites and cress with light salad cream sandwich, 194 calories 

424 calories of a tasty ready meal but way too many calories for the portion size, 
it needed more cauliflower to bulk it out.

no one needed to see a photo of the grey peas, but it was a small tub and I did share lol, then there was wine too, I've honestly tracked and I'm still under 2000 calories, I'm happy with that.  Let's not forget, my mom's only been gone 3 weeks, my life is completely different, I sort of feel like I'm on my holiday, so I'm doing a lot of chilling and catching up on movies I wasn't allowed to watch.  I'm a bit like a kid who's been left home alone.  I know I have loads of housework and stuff to do but I keep putting it off with the excuse, until the spare room is plastered, the inbuilt wardrobe/cupboard is fitted and there's a carpet on the floor there's no point even trying with my bedroom and office because I need to move stuff into the spare room.  Then same in the living room, until I can finish stripping the walls and get those walls sorted, probably plastered too, and my alcove units built, i can't really do much in here either.  I did do a little sorting in my office yesterday though and through some stuff away, so I've made a start, maybe I'll do half hour here and there.

I'll never be a domestic goddess so my plan is to declutter and minimalise as much as I possibly can and then have enough storage to hide the stuff I have to keep in buckets where I can just chuck stuff in and shut the door.  I'll always be a bit of a tramp, my brother Terry calls me Stig of the dump!  I resemble that remark :) 

I did do some work yesterday honest, I faught with the printer to print stuff for our new venture, grr to the printer not talking to the laptop and playing me up, then I fell out with Alexa as I am doing again now - she keeps playing Radio 2 funky instead of BBC Radio 2, then when I get her to understand she says it's not available at the moment, or she starts playing it then ten minutes later it just stops playing.  She's just done it again, so I told her to shut up and remembered I can listen to the radio via the tele, so we're doing that now.  Seriously technology in the house lately is not my friend.

Life is good though, I'm so looking forward to our new venture, not long now before we can all be in a room together, lot's of printouts done now.  Eek, exciting isn't it, I've wanted to do this for over a decade and to be doing it with Elle makes it even better.  

Well I've eaten so much watermelon this week, I'm over it for now, won't be buying another one for a while, it's too bloody cold to eat it too, sets my teeth on edge it does.  I even gave my sister a tub full yesterday, there's a lot of watermelon in a whole one you know, just saying. 

What shall I eat today?  I've got Marlies coming for the weekend, so will be enjoying good, home cooked from scratch meals, that's my chicken intake for the week, I'm have a fish dish today, freezers got plenty to choose from.  Marlies is delivering both sides of Wolverhampton this week if anyone fancies giving her meals a go and normally wouldn't be in her delivery area. 

I went to the post office yesterday in the car, took Alfie, trying to get him used to the car and being left in it whilst I go in shops, we then went for a little walk round Essington when I realised I'd left my phone at home and guess what - I didn't care, I didn't have detatchment issues, I was quite happy to have half hour without it.  That's new for me, not having my own phone at the minute with all those apps is doing me good I think, showing me I can live without them, having said that, I do miss my audible when I'm walking Alfie, I like to listen to my books. 

Right, time to get on with my day, it's still dark outside, it's only half five in the morning, I'm sleeping well though, falling asleep in my chair usually around nine, half nine, so I go to bed and I got up about an hour ago, so that's a good 7 hours, only woke once in the night, soon went back to sleep!

Here's to a tremendous Tuesday, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: