Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 10 April 2021

Here's to the future!

Saturday 10th April 2021
Invest in yourself, it pays the best interest.
I had very much a day doing what I wanted yesterday, I can now can't I, I plan to do something for me again today, but this image below was obviously put together by someone who could, I know for so many including myself prior to mom dying, it's not quite that easy is it!


I did always manage to put myself on my to-do list though, even if I still let other things slide like my health and wellbeing.  I'm working towards getting that back under control though and I'm going to do it on a budget because my finances like so many over the last year have changed.  

This was my breakfast yesterday, the last two bacon medallions with a large mushroom, tomato, spinach, scrambled eggs on toast 366 calories, that kept me going till my dinner. 
 

Which came in quite high at 747 calories, but look at that joy on a plate - oh and that included the calories for the skin I'd already eaten before the gravy touched the plate 😋 you can't beat a chicken thigh for taste or cost!



I did have a packet of twiglets but like I've said once these few packets have gone, I won't be replacing them, I can't eat what isn't in the house.  I did enjoy some watermelon too, it's great having some cut up in the fridge and it took me minutes to do, £2.90 for a huge watermelon which was loads cheaper than buying it already cut up, having said that if buying it ready cut is the only way you're going to eat fruit, it's worth it. 

My wine intake still needs work but I'm not beating myself up over something I really enjoy, once I'm back working, it'll decrease naturally because I'll have to get up the next morning and work in the early evenings, roll on May when Boris lets things start happening again.  Monday is a good start though isn't it, April 12th, all the shops allowed to open - woo hoooooo.

I had an hour with Elle on zoom yesterday catching up and planning our future, it's warmer doing it that way than sitting in the garden, I don't think I like or miss anyone enough to want to sit outside to see them in this weather lol.  I'm on another catch up zoom this morning with some Happy Owls and then I've got the rest of the day from lunchtime to do what I want.  

I love seeing people filling in the Be Happy Owls journal, can't wait until we can all get together and start our own huddles, we're nearly able too, the time will fly by and soon we'll all be able to see each other and have a good old natter, as a couple of owls said to me yesterday when we were chatting out the front, it takes time to build a relationship with someone, and they didn't want anyone else supporting them on their journey other than me, I was touched by those words.  So many owls have said similar, so hopefully Elle and I have a future, all be it a different kind of one but I honestly believe it will be a better one, we're all about community, people need people.  We're gonna be a grown up youth club, sounds good yeah, trust me, it will be. 

Back to today though, I'm not going to do anything to strenuous because of my shoulder, although I might get my yoga mat out and do a session to relieve shoulder and back pain, found one yesterday with Adriene.  

I've got leftover mash, sprouts and carrots so I'm thinking bubble and squeak, then with the other mash (the spuds needed using up before they run out the kitchen) I'm gonna make fishcakes I reckon, I have tinned tuna or I could use some of the fish in the freezer.  It'll all get used anyway, then I won't eat mash for a bit, need some balance don't I.  I'll be eating freezer and cupboard food over the next week mainly, i do have salad in the fridge too.  Aren't we all lucky to have food and a roof over our head.

I tried to not put the heating on yesterday, but I've got that used to this house being like an oven that I'm really feeling the cold, I gave in on the afternoon and clicked it on but only at 18 degrees which is a good 10 degrees lower than mom had it.  She'd have been laughing at me, sitting there shivering!

Here's to a lovely day, forecast wasn't great again, but I don't think we're due any rain today which is a bonus.  Oh I feel like a proper grown up, thinking can I dry a load of washing if I do it.  I started sorting my clothes yesterday, a lovely lady gave me some clothes and I ran out of coathangers!  That's never happened in my life, how can I not have coathangers, I'm gonna have to get my iron out too I reckon, it's not seen the light of day in over a year, but if I'm gonna be going back to work I'm going to have to get changed out of my scruffs at some point. 

I might leave it till Monday and enjoy a quiet, lazy weekend, I've not had many of them in the last few years! 

Whatever your weekend plans are, enjoy them.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me.


No comments: